Officially ordered my A91 edition

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Did you opt to take delivery of the car w/o the spoiler when Toyota became aware of the spoiler supply shortage?
yeah according to my dealer my car is at port in california and it does have a spoiler, car is just stuck in processing. it was a july build. But im not exactly sure what he sees so i dont really know for sure.
@e_miller81 might have a better idea about the spoilers but he seems to be in dgaf mode regarding the car now lol

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Did you opt to take delivery of the car w/o the spoiler when Toyota became aware of the spoiler supply shortage?
Yeah. It was in freight status till this shit started with the reflash

vonKarma

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Bay Area Currently but Born & Raised Las Vegas
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Supra, 07' BMW Z4 Coupe
yeah according to my dealer my car is at port in california and it does have a spoiler, car is just stuck in processing. it was a july build. But im not exactly sure what he sees so i dont really know for sure.
@e_miller81 might have a better idea about the spoilers but he seems to be in dgaf mode regarding the car now lol
Interesting! Mine completed production July 3rd but they said mine didnā€™t have a spoiler. They are giving me the car without spoiler and I can return at a later date for them to install spoiler at no additional cost.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
yep. according to my salesman apparently toyota reached out to the dealers a few months ago when the spoiler issue became known and they could have chosen with or without for earlier delivery. and at least for them it didn't change the ETA on the car so they opted to take it with the spoiler. idk tho. he also said the spoiler was installed before it reached our port which seems to be conflicting info with what everyone else has said on this thread regarding when the spoiler actually gets installed. At this point i just want the car. wont care if it doesnt have the spoiler as long as my price accounts for that

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Lol literally every call/text i get im hoping its my dealer saying the car is on route. this waiting game is killing me

e_miller81

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1997 Eclipse GSX
There is several with the spoiler that are in freight status. Not sure why or how. Donā€™t know if the first batch was ok but the 2nd batch wasnā€™t. Or if some were installed before coming over. Really not sure.

Still no timeline Toyota has Provided. I still check throughout the day. None that got stopped in shipping have changed status.

rev000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction
I reached out to them before i drove all the way to Alabama and they said it was presold, then called me after I bought mine.
I was going to buy the alabama one but looks like you got there before me haha

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
just got the info from my sales guy about them being held up due to the re flash.....i still dont see why they wont let the dealers do the re flash....i sure hope car runs better than toyotas logistics division...i mean there is prob like one guy at the port having to do like 200+ cars vs letting the dealers do the ones the receive.....
You donā€™t want those dealers doing BMW reflashes. BMW can barely do it.

Also, if the scantool fiasco from last year is any indication, it probably isnā€™t entirely safe to assume Toyota has everything in order - even now.

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
You donā€™t want those dealers doing BMW reflashes. BMW can barely do it.

Also, if the scantool fiasco from last year is any indication, it probably isnā€™t entirely safe to assume Toyota has everything in order - even now.
i see...i just figured they were more capable than the staff that works at the port...