Oil leak - Pure800, PVC, or something else

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
If you let it run and idle for a bit after cleaning the mess, might be a concentrated area that might help you designate the issue.
Sponsored

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t have oil there. Seems like you have it all figured out though, good luck!
Iā€™m trying to figure out how to stop the oil from getting out without having to by an aftermarket intake..

if you fast forward to 1:58 youā€™ll see his is wet in the same spot

TSmkV

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, 4Runner, RX350
Iā€™ve been chasing down an oil leak on my A90 with a Pure800. Iā€™m getting ready to pull the turbo but before I do I figured Iā€™d run it by the group.

The car appears to have oil leaking past the seal on the charge pipe but the turbo itself is clean, no smoke, runs strong. The car has a fair amount of crankcase pressure and Iā€™m running a vent but still have a decent amount of oil blown past the vent. Definitely more than Iā€™d like. No catch can on PCV or CCV as Iā€™ve seen mostly negative results from others.

I assume itā€™s a bad seal on the turbo but any additional thoughts before I pull the turbo?
Hey did you ever track down the root cause of your oil build up? Like a good boy, I used the search feature and found this thread šŸ˜. But it ends with you about to do more investigation. Wondering what you found.? Iā€™ve got Pure 800 also.

Today I installed an Injen charge pipe and when I removed the stock pipe, there was more oil than I expected in the same place you saw it. Not a ton but I wasnā€™t expecting to see any. I also had a small amount under the turbo on the pan but didnā€™t see any on the turbo itself. I cleaned everything and went for a 30 minute drive. No leaks noticeable afterward. Will keep monitoring, but no noticeable oil consumption and no unusual smoke with catless DP.

Thanks.
Sponsored