Oil pump tsb?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Makes me want to check my oil today. See if my computer can do it. Oddly, Iā€™ve never tried. Thanks for the heads up

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like there is a new part number too - looked up a 2020 Supra

Engine Oil Pump - Toyota (15100-WAA03)

SKU: 15100-WAA03
  • Other Names: Pump Assembly Oil
  • Description:
    GR Supra.
  • Condition: New
  • Applications: 3.0L.
  • Replaces: 15100-WAA02

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP
OP
Not_Jdm_Af

Not_Jdm_Af

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' MK5
Here is the BWM Info for 2020 Z4 M40i - looks like new part too.

2020 BMW Z4 OIL PUMP
Part Number: 11418646453
Replaced by: 11419895359
Hmm
Looks like there is a new part number too - looked up a 2020 Supra

Engine Oil Pump - Toyota (15100-WAA03)

SKU: 15100-WAA03
  • Other Names: Pump Assembly Oil
  • Description:
    GR Supra.
  • Condition: New
  • Applications: 3.0L.
  • Replaces: 15100-WAA02
Interesting I wonder when they decided to start implementing the New part And which one I have..

OP
OP
Not_Jdm_Af

Not_Jdm_Af

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' MK5
It doesn't look like there's any information regarding what year Build date they stopped using the plastic one. I feel kind of eager to say that there is a complaint when there isn't just to get it swapped out before the 5 years 60,000 mi is up

Screenshot_20230420_121616_Chrome.jpg

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here is my feedback after being on car forums for almost 25 years - nobody comes on the sites to say how great their oil pump is working and how they are having no problems with it - most of the sites are filled with folks looking to complain for find solutions for outlier problems.

I say keep an eye on if you can read your oil level, and you can monitor your oil pressure while driving every now and then to keep an eye on things - and DONT WORRY about it.

The B58 is used across the BMW brand and any major issues will be flushed out quickly- along with folks who have over 100k miles on their Supra, Toyota who races them, and our drag racing friends on the forum.

From what I remember being under the supra, it looks like maybe the front subframe would have to come down to get the oil pan off - but nothing that would cause the engine to come out of the car or be disconnected from the transmission.

As you come to the end of your warranty, you could try to play the game to get the oil pump replaced, however the tech will do his/her due dilligence to diagnose any issue (if there is one) and get the repair approved for warranty.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@32bitsofGil I think you had your oil pump replaced.

Any feedback/thoughts?

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
@32bitsofGil I think you had your oil pump replaced.

Any feedback/thoughts?
They replaced mine because I couldnā€™t measure oil level properly. The sensor was also broken, so I had extensive work done just to get that working again. Then still was burning 2quarts every 1000miles.
Eventually they opted to replace the entire long block.

Glad I sold it.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They replaced mine because I couldnā€™t measure oil level properly. The sensor was also broken, so I had extensive work done just to get that working again. Then still was burning 2quarts every 1000miles.

Glad I sold it.
Yikes!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here is my feedback after being on car forums for almost 25 years - nobody comes on the sites to say how great their oil pump is working and how they are having no problems with it - most of the sites are filled with folks looking to complain for find solutions for outlier problems.

I say keep an eye on if you can read your oil level, and you can monitor your oil pressure while driving every now and then to keep an eye on things - and DONT WORRY about it.

The B58 is used across the BMW brand and any major issues will be flushed out quickly- along with folks who have over 100k miles on their Supra, Toyota who races them, and our drag racing friends on the forum.

From what I remember being under the supra, it looks like maybe the front subframe would have to come down to get the oil pan off - but nothing that would cause the engine to come out of the car or be disconnected from the transmission.

As you come to the end of your warranty, you could try to play the game to get the oil pump replaced, however the tech will do his/her due dilligence to diagnose any issue (if there is one) and get the repair approved for warranty.
Thisā˜. If thereā€™s something to break, Iā€™ll eventually get there. I mainly track her, in Florida heat at Sebring. Which is not the smoothest track to say the least. I do love the car and that track though. Iā€™m not on any of the VW GTi or MX5 forums because we daily those car. So Iā€™m not worried about a thing.

Worst case for me, Iā€™m out a weekend I planned on tracking = time & money. So I found this forum to be incredibly helpful. Especially @MisterSkiz Appreciate ya dude āœŒšŸ¼

Glad I sold it.
Yikes šŸ˜±. Thatā€˜s awful dude! Sounds like you got a dud for sure šŸ˜¢ and this is something we should definitely lookout for. Iā€™ll 1) Make sure mine can measure the oil (sucks not having a dipstick) 2) if it starts drinking oil, definitely a bad sign. Will look into replacing this part.

Good find yā€™all

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
My 2020 wouldn't read oil and had oil pressure issues. Subframe drops to get to oil pump. 30 day wait just for new torque to yield sub frame bolts. All in all a huge huge headache at around 20k km. Not sure if the replacement oil pump was an updated version or not but I ended up trading for a 2023. My 2020 also kept having evap leaks. Figure I'd give another Supra a chance.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My 2020 wouldn't read oil and had oil pressure issues. Subframe drops to get to oil pump. 30 day wait just for new torque to yield sub frame bolts. All in all a huge huge headache at around 20k km. Not sure if the replacement oil pump was an updated version or not but I ended up trading for a 2023. My 2020 also kept having evap leaks. Figure I'd give another Supra a chance.
Glad you did! Crossing my fingers because I havenā€™t broken that yetā€¦ šŸ˜‚. Hope youā€™re tracking her now that itā€™s your tracking season up there. Mine is now just carting me to my short drive to work when not using the MX5, until next Oct.

Looks like itā€™s ~$500 bucks @MisterSkiz, not too bad if/when this does happen.

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
Glad you did! Crossing my fingers because I havenā€™t broken that yetā€¦ šŸ˜‚. Hope youā€™re tracking her now that itā€™s your tracking season up there. Mine is now just carting me to my short drive to work when not using the MX5, until next Oct.

Looks like itā€™s ~$500 bucks @MisterSkiz, not too bad if/when this does happen.
I plan to take my 2023 to the track to test it. I did a few open lap days in the 2020 and it was fantastic. I must say, the suspension and steering changes are very immediate once I hopped into my 2023. I like to keep my cars basically stock aside from tires, pads and brake fluids. The 2023 feels less tail happy and steering input more connected. Either way I loved my 2020 enough to hop into my 2023. It's barely broken in at around 700 km on the ODO. Been so busy with work, awaiting summer days eagerly!
Sponsored