One handed paddle shifter

Spencerbp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra 2.0
Most likely not a situation I imagine may people on here may have, however any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Long story short I have one arm and I’ve been looking around everywhere for an ability to shift both paddles with one hand. Maybe a push/pull paddle like a rally car.
I was thinking about looking into a 3d design and print to reach over that I could push with my thumb that’s pivots on an anchor to push the other paddle. Unfortunately I haven’t had much luck in finding anything. I appreciate I’m going out on a bit of a limb here to find a solution (excuse the pun) but again, any pointers would be very helpful.
Sponsored

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I think the easiest and most cost effective way would be to open up the wheel and extend the wiring from the paddle you can't reach over to the other side with a custom button mounted somewhere you can press with your thumb.

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
I suggest looking into removing both paddles. Then trim the steering wheel and epoxy in a switch like this used in some family car models. basically 2 switches in place of 1, you will need to figure out the wiring but usually they are just simple contact switches so you could just pin/wire the supra wiring to it https://keriblog.com/car-talk/more-back-of-steering-wheel-buttons-please/

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
If it's your left arm you're missing, you can shift sequentially with the lever in the center console.

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
If it's your left arm you're missing, you can shift sequentially with the lever in the center console.
But then he has to take his only hand off the wheel. I think buying a second set of shifters and mounting/wiring both to the same side would be a good solution but definitely requires some serious DIY, making larger paddles etc. Subscribed.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
the way Mclarens or older porches, do it, being that pulling is and pushing the paddle do that, would work. If you need a set of paddles to accomplish would be more than happy to send you a set at cost and see what you can modify and make happen!