Only One DRL Light

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
Car is sitting in the shop with both doors open. Only passenger side DRL is on. Is this normal?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dude, how many threads are you going to create?

Is this the first car you have owned?
Is there a problem asking questions?
Is there a limit on threads created?
Seems like you lack a willingness to be helpful?

3rdDegreeNinja

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra A91-CF Edition
On the headlight controls thereā€™s two button that Iā€™ve circled. When the car is off you can use those switches to turn on just one or the other it will also apply this to the taillights as well. As soon as the car is turned on both will turn back on. Personally donā€™t see the issue in asking questions, weā€™re all on here to learn, ask, and share stuff about our cars.

202B3783-5FE6-4A74-89B7-71B0274BB7E3.jpeg

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
On the headlight controls thereā€™s two button that Iā€™ve circled. When the car is off you can use those switches to turn on just one or the other it will also apply this to the taillights as well. As soon as the car is turned on both will turn back on. Personally donā€™t see the issue in asking questions, weā€™re all on here to learn, ask, and share stuff about our cars.

202B3783-5FE6-4A74-89B7-71B0274BB7E3.jpeg
Thank you. Yes, I hadn't used those buttons yet. It was always set to auto.
There's a lot to learn on this car.

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
It is so you can park with only the street side lights on. Traffic can still see your car but it consumes half of the electricity vs. having both side on.

In these days of low power LEDs, retroreflectors, big-honkin 12V batteries, it's pretty useless, but kinda cool I suppose. One of those lighting features required from 1970s Germany IIRC.

FWIW my "real bmw" does not have buttons for this. But with the car off and position lights on, you can use the turn signal to only turn on one side. Which I think is how most of them work.

Also I just learned you *can* turn on position lights while driving but only under ~15mph. Weird, huh?