Amber DRL?

ag_supra

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra (SOLD), 2018 BMW 340i xDrive 6MT
Always liked the look of amber DRL's on other vehicles like the Telluride. Probably wouldn't rock it 24/7, but does anyone know of a way to run Amber DRL's?
Sponsored

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
Since the turn signals switch to amber, it seems like the feature is already pre-existing for internal amber output. That Oracle RGB kit has a lot of iffy reviews, whether it's a dim and dull output of colors, moisture intrusion, or turn signal malfunctions, so would be much more reliable to just focus on amber I'd assume.

Would be nice if someone made a module or coded a way to make the DRL always amber and then blink for turn signals/hazards. The G8X platform already has a CSL yellow DRL module out, wonder if something like that could be made for the Supra.

OP
OP
ag_supra

ag_supra

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

_ts.mkv_

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I just emailed them asking if it's in the works and if it's not, if they could develop it.
Any word back from them if they could develop them? I am also interested to see if they are able to!

OP
OP
ag_supra

ag_supra

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any word back from them if they could develop them? I am also interested to see if they are able to!
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you!

BayOptiks said they are working on it and it is in development. They also asked if I would send them my DRL modules for testing and that I would be without them for a month. I then asked if my low/high beams would still function without the DRL module, and they said I could " always unplug the DRL modules and see if they still work :)", which I'm not really interested in doing.

OP
OP
ag_supra

ag_supra

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

V8KillaMKV

First Name
Jas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0 2023
Reviving this thread, looks like BayOptiks now offers a Yellow DRL module as well as a multicolor adjustable DRL module (gross). Curious if anyone has tried the yellow one and if they have any pics? I'm curious if it really is "yellow", or if it's the amber color of the turn signal.

https://bayoptiks.com/products/toyo...low-headlight-drl-module-upgrade-2020-present
I seen it on IG, some guy has the yellow DRL, his IG is risto_dzg check em out, looks real nice on his Supra.

OP
OP
ag_supra

ag_supra

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I seen it on IG, some guy has the yellow DRL, his IG is risto_dzg check em out, looks real nice on his Supra.
To me it looks like there is a yellow film over the entire headlight cover as well which makes it hard for me to see what it's true color is.

I just want the amber color from the turn signal to be my DRL.

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
Take a yellow headlight film and cut it so that It only overlays on the DRL part of the headlight.
Sponsored