Tail Light as DRL possibility?

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
Wait....what? If you turn on the "parking" lights, the tails don't illuminate? I've never even heard of that before on any car.
Parking lights are for parking, not driving. If you turn them on in gear, the car will remind you of this.
Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
Parking lights are for parking, not driving. If you turn them on in gear, the car will remind you of this.
Well, some people also call them "running lights" instead of parking lights. My point is that every car I've ever owned had a switch that would turn on ALL the exterior lights without the headlights being on. I've always called them parking lights, but some people call them running lights.

How does the Supra not have the ability to turn on the tailights without having the headlights on? That seems really strange to me.

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
Because it is too easy to accidentally drive in that position and mistake the front drl for headlights. They don't light up the road and also dazzle oncoming traffic.

I kinda wish it was allowed but also see the above scenario a lot, so probably for the best.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
Because it is too easy to accidentally drive in that position and mistake the front drl for headlights. They don't light up the road and also dazzle oncoming traffic.

I kinda wish it was allowed but also see the above scenario a lot, so probably for the best.
Most cars dim the DRLs when the parking lights are turned on.

spdandpwr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra // 2020 BMW X3M
You can 100% drive with the 'parking lights' on at any speed.
You just have to be under 15mph to turn them on initially.
Then they stay on, regardless of your speed, until you switch the full lights back on.
Yup! Found this out the other day. Great hack to ensure your headlights don't always go on (as I don't like when my headlights turn on in tunnels).

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
You can 100% drive with the 'parking lights' on at any speed.
You just have to be under 15mph to turn them on initially.
Then they stay on, regardless of your speed, until you switch the full lights back on.
Okay. Someone was saying that the taillights don't come on as part of the parking lights. That was the reason for my comment/question.

OP
OP
corye

corye

First Name
Corye
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra
Wait....what? If you turn on the "parking" lights, the tails don't illuminate? I've never even heard of that before on any car.
Literally seems like a BMW thing, you’ll notice it now when you’re driving behind one now that it’s been said.

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Anyone got pics of this during daytime?

OP
OP
corye

corye

First Name
Corye
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra
This worked for me...

Rear DRLs (Expert Mode):

Body Domain Controller

3702 LicFeatures > Feature_4 > Active
Have you tried playing with any other features we may not know about?
I see there is a lot of features shown, as well as I feel like you might have more hidden gems.
Please do share!
Sponsored