Airbag error lights/warnings easy coding!

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Mega helpful! When your race seat was in, was the airbag error just a light on the dash? My hope is it’s like the CEL on my dash with the cat delete. Just a light. Computer/dash works fine. No errors on the screen.
I kept getting warnings on the MFD and dash. SUPER annoying.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I kept getting warnings on the MFD and dash. SUPER annoying.
Thanks pal. I’ll ask the shop I just used for my brake ducts & setup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
You can code it out, which is literally what this thread is about. My Supra (2020) and others (2021+) have seats with zero errors or anything popping up.

That said, the errors when not coded out do not change any performance or traction settings or anything operational in the car. Just annoying lights and dings like @kaj mentioned.

TheIronLotus

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Supra 3.0
Hello all,
Noob question, before I purchase new bucket seats, can I code the error messages off if my ECU is locked using the ProTool bimmergeek device?

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Hello all,
Noob question, before I purchase new bucket seats, can I code the error messages off if my ECU is locked using the ProTool bimmergeek device?
See the first page of the thread

TheIronLotus

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Supra 3.0
See the first page of the thread
I must be illiterate because I cant find anywhere in the 1st thru 6 pages that says it can or cant be done with a locked ECU. Can you point to exactly were it states that or just a yes or no if it can or can't?

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
I must be illiterate because I cant find anywhere in the 1st thru 6 pages that says it can or cant be done with a locked ECU. Can you point to exactly were it states that or just a yes or no if it can or can't?
Yes it will work regardless of the ECU

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Bumping to confirm razors instructions worked just fine.

Fun tip found by another member - if using MHD dongle...select enet/Ethernet from the connection screen, not wifi as one would assume.

Shifty

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Unfortunately, If you want that light off too then yeah. I plug it in under the seat and got a extra buckle off eBay.

I know there's a company that's able to code it out. There should be an older post on mkv Supra Track FB page about who knows. But it's not free, they remote in.

Also it may be worthwhile to check on ProTools FB page. Found additional information there and was able to ask the developers questions.

I Haven't tested coding it out with Toyota's ISTA. But from memory it looked like I had many of the same control ProTools offered. So it may be possible. Someone will just have to dig.

20230926_212926.jpg
Going through this post cause I have the blinking seat belt light after install and having Bimmer-remote code my seats in for me. Can you elaborate on how you got that light to disappear please?

Kichoman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT
I’m new to bimmer and all these codings stuff. Planning to get a bucket seat for track so I’m here.

So the good old resistor method doesn’t work on these cars? Have always used this method in my JDMs 🤔

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I’m new to bimmer and all these codings stuff. Planning to get a bucket seat for track so I’m here.

So the good old resistor method doesn’t work on these cars? Have always used this method in my JDMs 🤔
Works for airbag but not for seat position and restraint. You still get errors.
Sponsored

Last edited: