Only One DRL Light

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Read the manual crowd is getting pretty vocal. I'll step in and defend the "stupid question".

If a device does not work the way a users mental model imagine it works then the tendency is to believe it is broken. DRL lights, unless you've driven German cars in the past, you may not realize that controlling one or the other would even be a feature Why would one look up in the manual for a feature that shouldn't exist? Thus you get the question...

But I will agree, once one becomes aware of the German "creativity." Then you should know to go to the manual first.
Sponsored

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
There's nothing wrong with asking questions for help. I think the issue here is that, as many others have mentioned, the answers to a lot of OP's questions can be found by doing a quick search. Especially for questions that have been beaten to death like "wat intake should I get".

It's fine to let it slide for a bit but this has gotten to the point of enabling this kind of behavior, expecting the community to force feed them information instead of working to understand it themselves first.

Something something teach a man to fish...

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
Read the manual crowd is getting pretty vocal. I'll step in and defend the "stupid question".

If a device does not work the way a users mental model imagine it works then the tendency is to believe it is broken. DRL lights, unless you've driven German cars in the past, you may not realize that controlling one or the other would even be a feature Why would one look up in the manual for a feature that shouldn't exist? Thus you get the question...

But I will agree, once one becomes aware of the German "creativity." Then you should know to go to the manual first.
Never driven a German car. Didn't know the option existed.

When I bought my Mustang I had, like, a thousand questions. Same now. On the Mustang forum no one ever took issue. Seems like, here, people are much less inclined to be helpful without making a negative comment. Sad.

Carmelo Iverson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium

When I bought my Mustang I had, like, a thousand questions. Same now. On the Mustang forum no one ever took issue. Seems like, here, people are much less inclined to be helpful without making a negative comment. Sad.
I wouldn't say people on here are less inclined to be helpful. I see you have created multiple threads since joining, and the community have been participating and answering your questions as best as they can. Everyone will get annoy by someone on here sometime, it's the internet, it's all good bro.

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I can't take much more of your "My Mustang this and my Mustang that"..... perhaps you should have stayed with the Mustang and not bought the Supra.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

Makes complete sense now, your a Mustang owner.................... Just please don't drift into a curb while showing off please............ And leave traction control on as well.............

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I think I got a different manual than the rest of you. Mine is incredibly difficult to understand sometimes. Itā€™s almost like it was written in German, translated to Japanese, and then translated again to English. By a middle schooler in China. Wait, never mindā€¦

By the way, Iā€™m also a previous Mustang owner but never crashed one. And a previous Corvette owner so must be compensating for something, right?? And also previous Miata owner so maybe the ā€œcompensationā€ is actually the reverse! šŸ˜
Or maybe just a confused, full of shit Mustang fan?

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
Makes complete sense now, your a Mustang owner.................... Just please don't drift into a curb while showing off please............ And leave traction control on as well.............
That's why I got rid of it. I wasn't THAT Mustang owner.
Sponsored