Orange County CA Supra Owners, Where Do You Get Service?

Quinn

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cu A91MT, 02 Spec E46, 04 Sequoia
My car came from the factory with a cracked oil filter housing but I waited until recently to get it fixed because it was a slower leak. As I had just moved, I tried out my closest Toyota dealer this week and had a horrible experience. I will never be taking my car back there for the valets to fuck around with. The only other OC Toyota I have tried was Irvine for a recall on my old Sequoia and it was an easy experience but I was less concerned about who messed with the car obviously.

Anyone in OC have a favorite Toyota dealership?
Sponsored

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
What dealer did you take it to that you did not like?

I took mine into Toyota of Orange (I work out of Orange) for the first service and again when I had the emergency trunk release getting caught in between my trunk They did fine both times - no indication of joy riding or w/e. I actually need to schedule my 22 for the second service and will probably do it again at Toyota of Orange.

Irvine Toyota is solid too (lived in Irvine for like 20 years before I moved further south). Can’t stand the Irvine traffic these days tho.

OP
OP
Quinn

Quinn

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What dealer did you take it to that you did not like?
It was Toyota of HB. I lost the first video due to card capacity but they had it for a week and I found a locked video of some sales person or valet going for a lap and both were talking about the 'transmission feel'. The video got locked because you can hear them miss an upshift at WOT causing the car to jolt (probably what caused the dash cam to save the clip).

Another incident of a valet starting the car 4 hours after the tech worked on it for the day (cold engine) and revving it to the moon while parked for one of his friends.

The tech seemed professional and I wouldn't otherwise have anything to say if I didn't notice something was off and start watching the videos. However, he did some stupid shit while driving on their property and his lap was definitely more for enjoyment than testing the leak.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
Sorry man that sucks. File a complaint with corporate and yeah don’t go back there. I also have 3 channel dash cams in all my cars for this reason.

Irvine is probably your best bet - they run a tight ship over there and won’t eff around.

Stardust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 Miata
I'd go to Longo (El Monte) because they're the only honest dealership.

OP
OP
Quinn

Quinn

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd go to Longo (El Monte) because they're the only honest dealership.
That's actually where I bought the car from and they were awesome but unfortunately its just too far. I guess if I am only taking it there for big issues I may consider. I'm assuming you've had good experience with service through them?

Killjoy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37s
I'm interested if anybody has a nice reasonably priced performance shop closer to Irvine area, that's not going to drain my wallet for simple service intervals, and perhaps simple installs.

OP
OP
Quinn

Quinn

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm interested if anybody has a nice reasonably priced performance shop closer to Irvine area, that's not going to drain my wallet for simple service intervals, and perhaps simple installs.
I’ve heard great things about SSR but I very much doubt they are cheap

heyimjash

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21’ Nitro Yellow A90 Supra
you’re always welcome to visit our shop in irvine @dialed_in_autohaus
We work on a ton of supras and provide maintance and mods

jb_mkv

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Would recommend Stryker Performance in Fullerton if you're willing to head out that far. I got my exhaust installed there and they were really nice to work with. I plan on having them install my Adro wing and MHC aero kit once they come in. I believe they work closely with Adro and test fitted the new kit for them on their cars.

I've only had one oil change since my car is still relatively new but I got mine at Concept3 (also in Fullerton). Also got wheels and some small mods installed there. Really nice guys and good prices. Would still ultimately recommend Stryker as they actually specialize in BMWs/Supras.

Last edited:

JLS

First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Even with complimentary service from Toyota, all of my maintenance gets done at Strom Motorsports in Costa Mesa.

Trust them a lot more with my Supra than any Toyota dealership

Eastwood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 MT - Stratosphere.
you’re always welcome to visit our shop in irvine @dialed_in_autohaus
We work on a ton of supras and provide maintance and mods
I've ordered parts and had installs with Dialed In. Having my KW DDC coilovers and Vorshlag camber plates installed next week there too. Also got the parts from them.

I would highly recommend for parts, installs and service.

OP
OP
Quinn

Quinn

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update for anyone who ends up also finding the information on this post helpful.

After the complete breakdown of trust after the issue I had with Toyota of HB, I started doubting they even changed they oil like they claimed they would during the service. (2 free Toyota oil changes with our cars I guess?)

When I had brought the car in to them, the oil was due and just past my normal preferred threshold of about 5k. Well today I decided to change it and swap it to my preferred oil brand and weight.

If they had changed it like they claimed it would have about 800 miles on it and come out pretty clear. However, after opening the drain it was pure black.

I previously was leaving my criticism to this forum post and a review but I guess this just bothers me more and I will be reaching out to them. If I wasn’t a nerd and double checked, I could have left my oil to ride for another life cycle in blissful ignorance and I’m sure that would have not been awesome for the car.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I like to do my own oil changes with all three of our vehicles, partially for that reason. The other reason is that I do other things while the oil is draining, like clean the engine bay, top off fluids, lubricate door, hood and trunk seals, etc.

But certainly, I understand why you'd have the free changes and any warranty issues handled by a dealership. My guess is that there are more job openings than qualified applicants at many companies. I'd recommend making sure the management knows about any non-professional actions by workers.
Sponsored