OP
OP
Z4UPRA

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I was actually just looking at clear totes to store my MF towels. I’d like to get a detail cart, but garage isn’t temperature controlled and I worry about temp fluctuations with detail products.. so they stay in the basement.
Right now, my products are in the basement too until I can figure out the best placement.

Clear totes sound great and you can hang them on the wall vertically so it takes up less space. I may have to experiment with that idea. Thanks! :)

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I was actually just looking at clear totes to store my MF towels. I’d like to get a detail cart, but garage isn’t temperature controlled and I worry about temp fluctuations with detail products.. so they stay in the basement.
If you buy synthetic based products they can sustain being exposed to heat and cold much better. My Griots SpeedShine is carnauba based, but the only time I move my entire cart into the mud room is in the winter. It's been fine for me the last few decades so I think ok..(?) I saw that they now have a synthetic based SpeedShine. Will migrate to that next, I suppose.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fascinating. I am assuming you've had your car for a while. I cannot imagine not washing it with water at some point. I must look into that.

I am sitting on PowerStop break pads but they are not installed yet. What are your thoughts on those pads?
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=11917553&jsn=1

I have to wash my wheels every week. They are filthy again.
I've had my Supra since last April. My other cars in the same garage have not been washed using a hose for years either. They are spotless inside out top and under because that is how I like to keep my cars while in my play room. A fake Roomba thing sweeps the entire garage floor weekly as I hate dead leaves on the garage floor..

My dd gets a hose wash in the Spring to wash off the salt.. but unless to wash off unreasonable and uncalled for amounts of pollen nature likes to dump on my car as a joke, I only use waterless wash. Hose washing is great to clean brakes however.

As for the brake pads, thanks. I'll check them out!

GenericUser1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Prem. Yelllow, 2017 BMW R9T Classic
Haha, I do not get offended by that at all. Somehow, it is all the same to me.

The containers are all from Dollar Tree and the caddies are from Walmart so they are all very affordable. Organization without breaking the bank is how I like it.

I was hoping to get ideas from this forum on how to best do this as I am new to caring about my car. :)
I need to do that I just have everything on an old bookshelf.

For washing microfiber towels after use with wax or whatever are there any special rules? I was just going to wash them all together with normal detergent and throw them in the dryer.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wash them using Chemical Guys MF detergent, and dryer in low heat. Then for the detailing towels, I run those cathair rollers to pickup any grit or lint or bug legs stuck on the towel.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
I need to do that I just have everything on an old bookshelf.

For washing microfiber towels after use with wax or whatever are there any special rules? I was just going to wash them all together with normal detergent and throw them in the dryer.
wash any MF towels with wax or sealant alone. Cold or warm water to wash. No or low heat to dry. No fabric softeners, dryer sheets, etc. Only thing you can add is some vinegar in one of the trays. Use dedicated microfiber detergent, or any “free and gentle” detergent. I use the tide free and

if the MF towels are heavily soiled, consider a presoak with warm (not hot) water and some All Purpose Cleaner. You can do this in a 5 gallon wash bucket and use a dirt guard to agitate.

Any towels I use with a wax/sealant or for dirty jobs like wheels/tires I wash right away. Waterless wash towels I will let ride until I have a bigger load to do

Remember what towels you used for what job, and don’t cross-contaminate. I use color system. Ie. Orange for quick detailer, yellow for waterless wash, blue/waffle weave for Windows.

lots of great YouTube videos on how to wash MF towels too

FullmetalHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
for anyone who wants to take their car cleaning or garage setups to the next level.... be sure to check out Obsessed Garage on YouTube. Matt is really out here providing content and solutions for those of us who are truly obsessed/ocd about our cars and garages.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
for anyone who wants to take their car cleaning or garage setups to the next level.... be sure to check out Obsessed Garage on YouTube. Matt is really out here providing content and solutions for those of us who are truly obsessed/ocd about our cars and garages.
I like his channel.... also Pan the Organzier, and Apex Detailing

OP
OP
Z4UPRA

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Here are some of my YouTube favorites.

How to Wash Microfiber Towels PROPERLY

How to Super Clean your Interior (Dashboard, Center Console, Door Panels & Glass)

Best Carwash Technique: 15 Steps + Tools

Best Techniques For Washing Your Car: ATA 104

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Car detailing is such a rabbit hole you can down... so many experts with so many different opinions. New video uploaded on Pan The Organizer has an “expert” who was saying you should never do the 2 bucket method, and only do rinseless washes.

FullmetalHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Car detailing is such a rabbit hole you can down... so many experts with so many different opinions. New video uploaded on Pan The Organizer has an “expert” who was saying you should never do the 2 bucket method, and only do rinseless washes.

Pan is a shill and never actually criticizes the products he showcases (because he’s getting paid)

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Pan is a shill and never actually criticizes the products he showcases (because he’s getting paid)
I get it. I never take his word alone. But he is also up front, says he gets paid, that his videos are sponsored, and that when he reviews products he doesn’t like, he just doesn’t do a video on them. I wish he did. Everyone’s got an angle, just have to maintain a high index or suspicion

OP
OP
Z4UPRA

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

Yes, I saw this and I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it. What happens if you have pollen, bird poop, and other thick debris? Don't you need water to clean?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
You guys are on another level with your detailing supplies, I’m impressed!!

All I have is a set of edgeless Creature micro fiber towels and a bottle of reload. My car stays spotless in the garage. ?

-RJM
Sponsored