Do you have a favorite Car Maintenance App for iPhone?

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
I like to track all the maintenance for my vehicles (and yard equipment, home appliances) and get reminders when something is due.

I used Car Minder for years and loved it - but the developer abandoned the app and it no longer works on iPhone.

I've tried just about every (free) maintenance app on the App Store but I have yet to find one that is as good.

Most of my issues are the lack of customization (i.e., changing mileage/date reminders) or lack of an actual reminder (i.e., 200 miles/1 month until next oil change is due).

Any recommendations for an iOS Car Maintenance app as good as Car Minder free or paid?

Here is what the app looked like - simple and intuitive interface:

Car Minder.JPG
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I like to track all the maintenance for my vehicles (and yard equipment, home appliances) and get reminders when something is due.

I used Car Minder for years and loved it - but the developer abandoned the app and it no longer works on iPhone.

I've tried just about every (free) maintenance app on the App Store but I have yet to find one that is as good.

Most of my issues are the lack of customization (i.e., changing mileage/date reminders) or lack of an actual reminder (i.e., 200 miles/1 month until next oil change is due).

Any recommendations for an iOS Car Maintenance app as good as Car Minder free or paid?

Here is what the app looked like - simple and intuitive interface:

Car Minder.JPG
I haven't seen that ^, but I feel like it would be -incredibly- easy to build with SwiftUI. A little more work and you could build a full webbased solution.

OP
OP
spta97

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well I know exactly zero about coding. I had to find an online solution to get my decade of data out of it - apparently the back end was SQL.

I now have the data in XLS (thankfully) but would really like to find a phone app as I always have my phone on me when working on the cars.

Reactions: zrk

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I could suggest a different route if you're ok with working on Excel.
The PowerAutomate, IFTTT, etc. work wonders when it comes to logging basic stuff. You can even get it to trigger actions when you stop at your favorite gas station..
Imho they work better with Android, but for your purposes I think it'll do just fine..
Obviously you have to set it up to get it where you want it at...

On Android Play Store, an app Drivvo, which I used for few minutes a while back, seem to have many downloads and good reviews with similar charts like the ones you show...

https://www.drivvo.com/en

There's fuelio as well..
https://www.fuel.io/
Don't know what you're tried so far..

Last edited:
Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Well I know exactly zero about coding. I had to find an online solution to get my decade of data out of it - apparently the back end was SQL.

I now have the data in XLS (thankfully) but would really like to find a phone app as I always have my phone on me when working on the cars.
That's nice the backend was SQL - at least it's standard and not CoreData or something annoying. I might take a stab at putting something like this together.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
My car maintenance is to clear codes and keep driving

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It doesn't have an app, but you can log in on safari and update and all. Since I swing from the Amsoil nutsack, I use MyAMSOIL Garage. I have records in there since I started recording with them in 2013. though 15+ on the same account. You can even add a wiper blade replacement if you wanted to. It's not as easy as an app, but tats what I use

1638924354305.png

OP
OP
spta97

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the suggestions! One factor I must consider is the longevity of the app (or website). Thankfully I found a way to export my data but I’m still faced with importing it into something new or manually keying it in.

I wonder if I should just keep it in Excel….

it’s amazing how easily I’ve forgotten the last time I did an oil change on a car or replaced the air filter in my mower lol.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
.. I just use notes.. :ninja:
Sponsored