Our own CarGuy 11

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Downshift Blue Supra
One of our brothers needs a hand. He posted this video, which I think took a lot of courage (and was very smart):

Let’s give him some support by checking out his channel and maybe someone can help him with some connections too.

Good luck @CarGuy11 !
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
One of our brothers needs a hand. He posted this video, which I think took a lot of courage (and was very smart):

Let’s give him some support by checking out his channel and maybe someone can help him with some connections too.

Good luck @CarGuy11 !

Unfortunately, I guess he probably will need to sell his Vette or a90. Can’t keep both of them.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
That sucks, he looks really sad in that vid. :(

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Just judging by the start of the video, he knew his job wasn’t gonna last.
companies usually/should notify the people getting let go and why a few months prior to being released.
As for the guy personally, it sucks and I hope he can get back up on his feet ASAP.
In terms of supporting his YouTube? Yeah no thanks. I’ve seen his home made “upgrade” videos to his car that just cringes me. Not to mention a few bait click titles he has out there.

1slow_mk5

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra. S2000. 328i
welcome to the club.. worked in automotive for a luxury brand as a region sales rep and they used the covid excuse to close one of the region offices. I wasnt very senior in the company but anytime a company does this, they pay out a few months of compensation.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Sorry to hear that @CarGuy11 !!

Couldn't catch what your title is/was and what you'd be looking for, but automotive companies in MI are hiring if you're willing to move, well many are currently remote anyhow.
My dad graduated from UPitt and bunch of friends from CMU.
Hope you get back on track soon!!

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
Oh wow thanks guys!! I just saw this thread. Yeah I did have advanced notice & getting decent severance so hopefully won't come to selling any vehicles. I would be willing to move for the right position in automotive field but will see what happens. I'm a mechanical engineer & was testing autonomous vehicles at Uber ATG. Appreciate all of your support!

turbopk

First Name
Pk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 ford edge(DD)
Oh wow thanks guys!! I just saw this thread. Yeah I did have advanced notice & getting decent severance so hopefully won't come to selling any vehicles. I would be willing to move for the right position in automotive field but will see what happens. I'm a mechanical engineer & was testing autonomous vehicles at Uber ATG. Appreciate all of your support!
Any luck finding work?
From my understanding there are now quite few companies working on autonomous tech. I even saw a Domino's commercial recently with one doing deliveries...?...

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any luck finding work?
From my understanding there are now quite few companies working on autonomous tech. I even saw a Domino's commercial recently with one doing deliveries...?...
Unfortunately nothing yet but yeah looking at other autonomous companies. In the mean time trying to make a career out of YouTube :)

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I think many of us will now be under the hybrid system that you spoke of. Glad to hear all is well.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think many of us will now be under the hybrid system that you spoke of. Glad to hear all is well.
Thanks! Yeah interesting times ahead for sure.
Sponsored