P0327 code at 4500 miles

Tealou

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just got this code omw to the corner store. P0327, something about a knock sensor with a permanent status on my OBD link reader. I had seen it pop up as a drivetrain issue on my iDrive screen and said to drive normal but take to a technician ASAP. Is this something I should be worried about and fix it myself now or can it wait till the next tech is available at my toyota dealer? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tealou

Tealou

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
So the dealership found out what the issue was, a rodent has been gnawing at my knock sensor wiring harness. Toyota wants to charge 1900 for parts and labor but I figure I can repair it myself. The harness is $170 online but the intake manifold and more needs to come off. Wish me luck.
For anyone wondering what the part number is for the harness it is #82127-WAA06
8495200_1.png

OP
OP
Tealou

Tealou

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks I'm hoping so, the tech said it would take him 9.5 hours so here goes nothing

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Toyota wants to charge 1900 for parts and labor but I figure I can repair it myself
That harness has the crank sensor on it. As well as a couple of other hard-to-reach sensor clips. Some of those are a bitch with the engine in the car.

Removing the manifold is easy, reinstalling it is easy, you'll need to rebleed the coolant system, and vacuum bleeding is the best way to deal with that. Good luck.

OP
OP
Tealou

Tealou

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks @zrk for the tips, much appreciated. I'll keep you guys posted

MKIV2A90

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, 340i, s2000 ap1
So the dealership found out what the issue was, a rodent has been gnawing at my knock sensor wiring harness. Toyota wants to charge 1900 for parts and labor but I figure I can repair it myself. The harness is $170 online but the intake manifold and more needs to come off. Wish me luck.
For anyone wondering what the part number is for the harness it is #82127-WAA06
8495200_1.png
This fix the issue? I’m having similar codes and recently found a nest.

OP
OP
Tealou

Tealou

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yes I found a nest near the sensor under the intake manifold. I ended up just repairing the wires and it has held up since. Wasn't super difficult. Took about 3 hrs total.
Sponsored