Acquiring Navigation Code for a 2021

driftguy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW 2 Series
1000014681.jpg

Picked up a 2021 for myself a few months ago and realized that the navigation code was never set up for the car by the Toyota dealer that did PDI.

That means I'm staring at a Connect USB screen anytime I hit that tab on the head unit. No map to look at, just an entirely useless tab.

Wondering if a car at this many years old can even GET a navigation code assigned to it and also wondering if anyone has any guidance on the best way to chase this.

I'm guessing going to the original dealership it was sold new would be best, but perhaps even the dealership where most of the maintenance done by the original owner might be better?

Has anyone had any luck getting a nav code as a second owner? Would love to know your story.
Sponsored

Insomniac

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Premium GR
Took me two weeks and 3 trips to the dealer when I bought mine. Good luck boss.

Richard

Settin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2011 Subaru STi
I'm not the second owner, but mine didn't have the nav installed when I got it. I went to the closest dealer instead of the one I bought it from. It was something insane like 4 hours to do the over-the-air updates after activating.

OP
OP
driftguy

driftguy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW 2 Series
This is helpful, thanks Insomniac and Settin.

Insomniac, did you buy used?

Settin did you get pushback from that dealer since you didn't buy from them? I don't mind waiting IF it can be done after this much time has passed since PDI.

PRMANManman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere MT Premium 3.0 Supra
Posted this in the other thread about activating navigation.

After 6 months I finally got my navigation activated. I ā€œorderedā€ the map on https://www.toyota-tech.eu/Navigation/Supra/Login the day before my service appointment and went to Millennium Toyota in Long Island and told the service rep I just need the Tech to click yes on the system. He said donā€™t worry I got you and believe it or not he meant it! So it finally works after going to 3 dealers in Maryland that gave me the run around and one very disrespectful service manager down there. No idea why they all wanted to charge me $300+ to do something so simple that should have been working from the start.

Just have the service dept simply hit activate.. for free. Donā€™t let them pressure you into paying for it.

Settin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2011 Subaru STi

Settin did you get pushback from that dealer since you didn't buy from them? I don't mind waiting IF it can be done after this much time has passed since PDI.
The dealer didn't care at all. I went in for my first toyotacare free oil change thing and asked them to activate the nav. This was about 9 months or so after I bought the car.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
1000014681.jpg

That means I'm staring at a Connect USB screen anytime I hit that tab on the head unit. No map to look at, just an entirely useless tab.
You know, I almost prefer this to the "Navigation is not active" voice I hear every time the car decides to ignore Waze in Apple Car.

Insomniac

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Premium GR

New boss, sorry just saw the question.

Richard

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
I bought mine new, but the dealership got it for me from another dealership. Who didn't activate the nav, my dealership just did it. As others said, don't pay.

exe36m3

First Name
Percy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Posted this in the other thread about activating navigation.

After 6 months I finally got my navigation activated. I ā€œorderedā€ the map on https://www.toyota-tech.eu/Navigation/Supra/Login the day before my service appointment and went to Millennium Toyota in Long Island and told the service rep I just need the Tech to click yes on the system.
You want to do this! Agreed!
DO NOT just go to the dealer and get it installed, they will need to keep it for a day or two until the tech get's the email or notification.

Here's what I did for my 2022 a month ago...

1. Make your appointment say 2 weeks out from now.

2. About 3 or 4 days before the appointment...
Go to https://www.toyota-tech.eu/Navigation/Supra/Login and create an account and register your VIN. Follow all the onscreen instructions. You will get an email tell you when the code should be ready - roughly 1 or 2 days from your request day.

This is so the code will be ready by the time your appointment happens.

3. Day of your appointment, tell them you just need the navigation activated. You already got the code.

4. The tech will essentially park your car, hook it up to a computer, verify the VIN and your info and activate the nav.

You should in/out in about 3-4 hours if the dealership is super busy, about 1-2 hours if not.

Charging you... I got my 2022 as a Toyota CPO car so the update/fix was free and charged against the warranty. If you are out of warranty or maintenance agreement, there may be a labor cost of an hour.
Sponsored