Paint scratched under trunk lid

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Seems like that trunk lip/edge is a good candidate for some PPF. Since there is no proper spot for lifting the trunk lid, you just have to stab your fingers in there to open it.
Definitely, I actually chipped the paint at that edge with my nail trying to open the trunk while carrying a bunch of heavy bags
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hien

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
Well guys, to my embaressment. It was just dried crud from my carwash adventures. I'm very glad it wasn't paint chipping! LOL

The whole experience at Hendrick Apex Toyota was pretty ass to say the least. 😅 there were 3 salesmen posted up and all three seemed bothered by me coming there to ask about my paint. They sent me to service department. Service department sent me to collision center 2 miles away. Collision center sends me back to the dealer again. I ask to speak to the manager, and the 3 stooges look at each other, and then back at me. He says, "for what?" I literally just told you about my inquiries 5 min ago. I go in and ask for a manager. Manager says I dunno nothing about paint!!! I tell him I want to speak to Service manager and he leaves. Service manager comes up and is the only person who seems to be pretty chill and understanding. Walks up, eyeballs the paint lubes his finger with spit and rubs that shit off. I was flabbergasted and embaressed as hell but whatever 💀 I'll never show my face here again.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Seems like that trunk lip/edge is a good candidate for some PPF. Since there is no proper spot for lifting the trunk lid, you just have to stab your fingers in there to open it.
3M or XPEL 1/2" Door Edge Guard is what you want for this.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Well guys, to my embaressment. It was just dried crud from my carwash adventures. I'm very glad it wasn't paint chipping! LOL

The whole experience at Hendrick Apex Toyota was pretty ass to say the least. 😅 there were 3 salesmen posted up and all three seemed bothered by me coming there to ask about my paint. They sent me to service department. Service department sent me to collision center 2 miles away. Collision center sends me back to the dealer again. I ask to speak to the manager, and the 3 stooges look at each other, and then back at me. He says, "for what?" I literally just told you about my inquiries 5 min ago. I go in and ask for a manager. Manager says I dunno nothing about paint!!! I tell him I want to speak to Service manager and he leaves. Service manager comes up and is the only person who seems to be pretty chill and understanding. Walks up, eyeballs the paint lubes his finger with spit and rubs that shit off. I was flabbergasted and embaressed as hell but whatever 💀 I'll never show my face here again.
Thats actually hilarious 😂. But its alright man, happens to the best of us.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Haha yea man. The only concerning part is some dude rubbed spit on yr car!! 🤣

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I am pretty ocd about keeping the paint pristine so as someone else said, it just sucks because the 'edge' to lift the trunk is quite 'sharp' so it's hard to be gentle; I usually try to use my sleeve or my shirt to open it as to avoid my nail(s) eventually scratching the paint and wearing it out as per OP...
I don' mind people looking at me like I'm crazy.

Screenshot_20230524_000617_Chrome.png
Sponsored