Parking Assist Malfunction

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Has anyone had this warning come up. When I place the vehicle in reverse a message pops up that states "Parking Assist Malfunction". All the sensors appear to be working appropriately and beep as expected and appear to work appropriately. The message states that the failure is "side protection". I took it to the Toyota dealer and they state the only fix is to update to the most recent software. I'm concerned that this will remove my Ecutek tune, but more importantly lock the ECU from being flashed via OBD. I know I can send the ECU in to have it bench unlocked but this is a lot of work if someone else on here has experienced this and might know the fix.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Supramann15

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I got the same error when I put the H&R springs on. Took it to the dealership to get the sensors re-calibrated and the message went away. I told the dealership I had a tune on the car and asked them to not do any updates. They respected the request and didnā€™t flash the car.

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
You guys ever figure out the exact cause? Iā€™m experiencing this as well but I donā€™t trust stealerships.
Sponsored