Parking Assistance Restricted

MoeAA

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Land Cruiser, 2020 Toyota Supra
Yesterday I picked up my car from the shop the installed full PPF on my Supra. I didnt drive it for long after that. Today when I drove the car I noticed that Parking Sensors and not working properly. Whenever I put the car on reverse, i get the message on the attached picture. I was trying to park the car when it suddenly stopped as if I was about to crash and my right side sensor was on its highest alert. This has happened twice today with the same message appearing every time I reverse.

The parking sensors are covered by the PPF and I am guessing this caused the issue. However, when I contacted the shop they told me PPF on sensors should not cause any problem, and they can remove it if I wish to.

Anybody have experienced this as well? Or know if this is an issue caused by covered parking sensors? I want to know before taking the decision of removing PPF on the sensors.

fault.jpg
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did they at any point remove the bumpers? They may have forgotten to put sockets back or maybe pushed one of the sensor in? I don't know how sensitive the sensors are to cause this issue. I haven't fully PPF'ed the car.

OP
OP

MoeAA

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did they at any point remove the bumpers? They may have forgotten to put sockets back or maybe pushed one of the sensor in? I don't know how sensitive the sensors are to cause this issue. I haven't fully PPF'ed the car.
As far as I know the only parts that were removed were the 'fake' air vents and the door handles to foil the doors

Meanie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Is there still some liquid/solution under the film? Maybe the message will go away if you let it dry for a few more days.

OP
OP

MoeAA

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is there still some liquid/solution under the film? Maybe the message will go away if you let it dry for a few more days.
The film does indeed look bubbly/unsettled over the sensors. This what made me believe it may hindered their functionality.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
FYI, I think most PPF use water/soap mixture and evaporate, but with XPEL there is also jel-like application solution, which doesn't exactly evaporate to my experience..

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
My PPF covers the parking sensors. They cut rounds to place over the sensor flats and Iā€™ve had no issues with Suntek Ultra Matte over them.

If they didnā€™t pull your bumper, then it sounds like your car wasnā€™t fully cured before delivery and you just need to let it dry out. I would either have them cure it if you can go without your car or wait a week and see if it goes away.

OP
OP

MoeAA

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My PPF covers the parking sensors. They cut rounds to place over the sensor flats and Iā€™ve had no issues with Suntek Ultra Matte over them.

If they didnā€™t pull your bumper, then it sounds like your car wasnā€™t fully cured before delivery and you just need to let it dry out. I would either have them cure it if you can go without your car or wait a week and see if it goes away.
2 days after delivery now I notice that the film wont stick on the sensors because of the round bumps on the edges. It makes a bubble over the sensor and I try to push it with my fingers but it wont stick.

Not sure if they can cure them and cut over the flat area of the sensor without damaging the remaining area of the film

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
2 days after delivery now I notice that the film wont stick on the sensors because of the round bumps on the edges. It makes a bubble over the sensor and I try to push it with my fingers but it wont stick.

Not sure if they can cure them and cut over the flat area of the sensor without damaging the remaining area of the film
So they went over the whole sensor and bumper in one continuous film piece?

The film will never stick if that is the case. The smallest of rock chips and even paint touch up can cause the film to bubble. A whole sensor would be hopeless.

They should be able to cut the sensors free and leave them uncovered. They have an indent which would hide any blade marks and I believe are plastic, so rusting shouldnā€™t be a worry.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Any update on this? Was your issue resolved?
Sponsored