Supra Voice Command. Would like some assistance.

Backtrack

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra & a few Wranglers
2023 3.0 base & do not have CarPlay

Dudes I need some assistance. I have my iPhone connected via Bluetooth to the radio. Every things works as it should with the exception of Voice Command/ Control. I do have the little microphone button on the steering wheel.

In the manual, it states that I should be able to adjust some settingsfor voice control but I don’t have the option in the menus.

Is there a setting within the iPhone that I need to turn on? The main thing I’m interested in is text messaging via Voice. In the supplementary manual for navigation and general radio use, it does state that it should be able to do this.
At this point, I’m left with a button on the steering wheel that does not seem to do anything

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Backtrack

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You holding the button long enough.. 🤔
Yeah. 3 seconds just like the manual states.

Something did occur to me: I don’t have Siri or voice control active on my phone. Does the cars process for voice control need access to this on my phone?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Something did occur to me: I don’t have Siri or voice control active on my phone. Does the cars process for voice control need access to this on my phone?
yes, very much so. Enable Siri / voice control on your iPhone. Radio Head Unit routes your mic input to the phone.

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yeah. 3 seconds just like the manual states.

What uh.. did ya think was going to process your voice?

OP
OP

Backtrack

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What uh.. did ya think was going to process your voice?
Haha. Dude I have been driving a wrangler with none of this stuff for a long ass time. I’m a bit behind the curve on this type of shit. Ok so I’ll enable Siri later when I get home and give it a go.

• Love
Reactions: zrk
OP
OP

Backtrack

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yes, very much so. Enable Siri / voice control on your iPhone. CarPlay routes your mic input to the phone.
Yea I’ll try that when I get up, but just to be clear, I do not have CarPlay, but it should still work for voice control, correct?

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP

Backtrack

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok. I got it semi working. I feel like I just crawled out of a cage with this shit.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Btw, you know you can code CarPlay for $1-200 or whatever.. might be worth your while..