Part # for torrington/thrust bearing just below strut top hat in front suspension

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
Definitely operator error here - I need to replace that torrington/thrust bearing that is just below the front strut top hat because I damaged mine and now half of the ball bearings have skipped town.

I've looked at the Toyota parts site to see the front suspension take-apart, but I can't find anything about the bearing . Does it come as part of the strut bellows assembly? Pic for reference below. In this assembly there is a steel ring that rests on top of this bearing. You'll notice most of the ball bearings are gone.

k7D9aMWIrc__Gd1moynB1z=w1192-h1590-s-no?authuser=0.jpg
Sponsored

M3P-A90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
do not have the part number for you, but I had similar scare when I did my springs, I lost 1 of those balls, did not find it after the strut was fully installed, said ohh well, do you have all the metal balls, you can try putting them back in their spots… just my 2 cents

OP
OP
tomfree

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
To close this thread out...and if someone searches on:
binding in steering
pulling to the left
ping noise from drivers side

Nutshell, operator error when installing Verus Engineering camber plates. I looked at my OEM top hats and realized that I didn't install the full stack of shims, seals, etc) that you see pictured on the bottom of the top hat above. I took the driver's side apart yesterday I was missing at least one shim, AND I likely dropped the torrington bearing when removing it (losing ball bearings in the process). I'm 100% certain the passenger side isn't right either...I just didn't have a failure of the bearing yet. $200 later, I have new OEM tophats on the way...so I can steal the entire bottom portion for use with the camber plates.
Sponsored