Pick up a deeply discounted 2020 or what for MY2021?

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I am new here and considering a 2020 premium, locally (Bay area) I am seeing $1000 under invoice as about the best you can do, so I am seeing a $56000 premium going for $51500 +TTL, does that sound reasonable to all you experienced buyers, this is a cash deal, no trade, no finance.

Thanks
Nope. Not good enough. Talk to someone at San Francisco Toyota. They offered me $50,500 a month ago. I was about to go get the car but covid screwed up my plans. Also, you mentioned you are paying in cash but if you push for it then they might give you a 0% financing deal.
Sponsored

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
No it doesn't mean it will move the car, BUT would certainly help someone who may be on the fence about getting one.
If you are on the fence about buying a car i don't think 0% would be the driving factor in buying or not. I am sure its a nice to have, buy lets say on a 56k car the amount of interest you pay on the car is not actually that much. Let's say a average loan is 4% interest rate over 6 years vs 0% is only a little over $4k in interest.

Nope. Not good enough. Talk to someone at San Francisco Toyota. They offered me $50,500 a month ago. I was about to go get the car but covid screwed up my plans. Also, you mentioned you are paying in cash but if you push for it then they might give you a 0% financing deal.
If he's paying cash, why would it matter for him to get 0% financing. They may give him a lower price slightly just due to a cash sale, but there is no benefit for them to offer him 0% thru Toyota as they dont make any additional money or if it goes to a bank at 0% the bank carries all the risk and makes no money on this investment either..

Supra60

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius Prime, Toyota Rav4
If you are on the fence about buying a car i don't think 0% would be the driving factor in buying or not. I am sure its a nice to have, buy lets say on a 56k car the amount of interest you pay on the car is not actually that much. Let's say a average loan is 4% interest rate over 6 years vs 0% is only a little over $4k in interest.

If he's paying cash, why would it matter for him to get 0% financing. They may give him a lower price slightly just due to a cash sale, but there is no benefit for them to offer him 0% thru Toyota as they dont make any additional money or if it goes to a bank at 0% the bank carries all the risk and makes no money on this investment either..

Well now you got me thinking. Let's say you are like me and absolutely will only go 48 months on a car Loan. Take the same 56000 loan at 4 percent and you are looking at an extra 97.75 a month in interest. That is nothing to sneeze at! Just saying that 0 percent could help motivate some people to get the car.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well let's say you are like me and absolutely refuse to paid more then 4 years on a car loan

Well now you got me thinking. Let's say you are like me and absolutely will only go 48 months on a car Loan. Take the same 56000 loan at 4 percent and you are looking at an extra 97.75 a month in interest. That is nothing to sneeze at! Just saying that 0 percent could help motivate some people to get the car.
Nope totally get it. i don't like financing any car for more than 3 years. although i only financed this car at 1.79% APR the interest isn't what i was thinking about. I drove the car and loved it and so i bought it, but i realize that is not the same for everyone. If you are holding out on buying this car for interest rate maybe priorities might be wrong. If you are holding out on buying this to get a 2021 then ok i get it we are only a couple months away. Lets see what the price of a 2021 does to a 2020 model. Makes sense, but at the end of the day a good deal is something you can walk away happy with. You can't always get the same deal as someone else. It may be better or maybe worse. Just be happy you can get what you want and drive it like you stole it.

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
If he's paying cash, why would it matter for him to get 0% financing. They may give him a lower price slightly just due to a cash sale, but there is no benefit for them to offer him 0% thru Toyota as they dont make any additional money or if it goes to a bank at 0% the bank carries all the risk and makes no money on this investment either.
Who cares if Toyota is making the money. If he pushes for a 0% deal and if they agree then t is better to take that deal rather than paying in cash. He is willing to buy with cash but the dealer need not know that right. Why not get the 0% deal and take advantage of the situation even though you don't need it. That's what I meant.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Who cares if Toyota is making the money. If he pushes for a 0% deal and if they agree then t is better to take that deal rather than paying in cash. He is willing to buy with cash but the dealer need not know that right. Why not get the 0% deal and take advantage of the situation even though you don't need it. That's what I meant.
I honestly think it would be cool if they offer 0% but i am just saying. They have no benefit to them to do it. Its not going to sell him on the car one way or the other since they know he has the cash to buy it.

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra, '21 Lexus RX450H. '08 Lexus GX470
Vehicle Showcase
Got my fence quote today. Right around where we thought it was going to be so I should be able to make the decision to pull the trigger late this week or early next.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Got my fence quote today. Right around where we thought it was going to be so I should be able to make the decision to pull the trigger late this week or early next.
Awesome congratulations!

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You live in Columbus right? We should schedule the same driving experience at Mid-Ohio. Would be fun!

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You live in Columbus right? We should schedule the same driving experience at Mid-Ohio. Would be fun!
I live in Davenport Iowa. Not Ohio. However, I've not driven Mid-Ohio and would not be opposed. 8 Hour drive ish.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I live in Davenport Iowa. Not Ohio. However, I've not driven Mid-Ohio and would not be opposed. 8 Hour drive ish.
For some reason I thought you were in Ohio lol!

Mid-Ohio is awesome. Very technical. Lots of elevation changes.

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well. I took the plunge. After much debate I decided to just pull the trigger. I am not getting any younger and it fits comfortably in our budget.
So today she came home with me.

FB3F27EA-0F71-4F2C-9CCE-1E4F50AB688F.jpeg

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Well. I took the plunge. After much debate I decided to just pull the trigger. I am not getting any younger and it fits comfortably in our budget.
So today she came home with me.

FB3F27EA-0F71-4F2C-9CCE-1E4F50AB688F.jpeg
congrats man!! Mind you sharing how much you got her for? Itā€™s okay if you donā€™t want to.