Picked up a (little but cool) piece of Supra history! Plate ideas?

ipecacd6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere MT Premium
After 15 months of deposits at multiple dealerships, I ended up picking up the MT Supra featured in this savage geese video, with a CPO warranty and all!

Thank you to forum member @FuzzyRev85 for helping me put the dots together!

I was looking at this guy online, it had 8003 miles and the dealership wanted 67,000 for it. I added it on a watch list, and the very next morning I saw that the dealership dropped the price to 59,999. I was there when the dealership opened and took her home. I love that the first thing that the dealership told me when I got there is that the car has never been tracked, which was an obvious lie based on the service record (for example, tires change intervals). Since the car came with 2 more years of bumper to bumper and 7 years of powertrain warranty that a brand new one wouldn't have, I broke my rule of not paying over MSRP, and also my usual rule of not buying a tracked car(B58 is reliable, riiiight?🤞) . MSRP with destination on this setup would be about 59,000 iirc.

I'm looking for plate ideas (6 chars). Ideally something that ties it to the cool history of the car. I'll be picking up the Road America plate:
1704211822906.png

She has been perfect in the couple hundred miles I put on before putting her to bed for winter, other than the dang keyless entry. I took her to the dealership to have the oscillator in the trunk replaced, which fixed the issue for a about a week before it stopped working again. Her first stop in the spring will be another trip to the dealership to get that looked at again.

Looking forward to being a part of this community!

PXL_20231222_212054018.jpg

Pic snapped by @FuzzyRev85 (Before I even joined the forum!)
1704211663316.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Cheers man! Welcome, and I'm glad I could be of (rather unexpected) assistance!

Deep down I'll always be envious of how cool your car's story is.

How about M2 B SL0

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
I wonder how many other videos used that very stratosphere blue press car. Doug used a blue one, Matt Maran, Sarah-n-tuned, motor week, smoking tire and a host of others. Most videos were of that shade blue or a CUL, out of maybe half a dozen or so press cars. I bet that one is in quite a few videos.

how many miles were on it when you got it ?

Last edited:
OP
OP

ipecacd6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere MT Premium
I wonder how many other videos used that very stratosphere blue press car. Doug used a blue one, Matt Maran, Sarah-n-tuned, motor week, smoking tire and a host of others. Most videos were of that shade blue or a CUL, out of maybe half a dozen or so press cars. I bet that one is in quite a few videos.

how many miles were on it when you got it ?
9003 miles.

I did take a photo of the plate from the savage geese video. I haven't dug too hard but I haven't found another video that uses the same car yet. From the service history, the car spent its entire life in Wisconsin.
1704227617312.png

Edit: Found another one after you posted! Another review at Road America.

1704227894553.png

Last edited:

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
That's what I was going to say, is that this was strictly a regional demo vehicle, and appears to have never ventured out of Wisconsin aside from a trip or two to northern Illinois.

Many of the press cars you saw at the Utah launch event and major publication track tests weren't even production models with real VINs. It's why there were odd ducks like CU Later models with black badges, black leather shift knob and standard aluminum strut braces (a few even had black seats & wheel). Those were pre-production test mules, usually trailered from event to event.

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
After 15 months of deposits at multiple dealerships, I ended up picking up the MT Supra featured in this savage geese video, with a CPO warranty and all!

Thank you to forum member @FuzzyRev85 for helping me put the dots together!

I was looking at this guy online, it had 8003 miles and the dealership wanted 67,000 for it. I added it on a watch list, and the very next morning I saw that the dealership dropped the price to 59,999. I was there when the dealership opened and took her home. I love that the first thing that the dealership told me when I got there is that the car has never been tracked, which was an obvious lie based on the service record (for example, tires change intervals). Since the car came with 2 more years of bumper to bumper and 7 years of powertrain warranty that a brand new one wouldn't have, I broke my rule of not paying over MSRP, and also my usual rule of not buying a tracked car(B58 is reliable, riiiight?🤞) . MSRP with destination on this setup would be about 59,000 iirc.

I'm looking for plate ideas (6 chars). Ideally something that ties it to the cool history of the car. I'll be picking up the Road America plate:
1704211822906.png

She has been perfect in the couple hundred miles I put on before putting her to bed for winter, other than the dang keyless entry. I took her to the dealership to have the oscillator in the trunk replaced, which fixed the issue for a about a week before it stopped working again. Her first stop in the spring will be another trip to the dealership to get that looked at again.

Looking forward to being a part of this community!

PXL_20231222_212054018.jpg

Pic snapped by @FuzzyRev85 (Before I even joined the forum!)
1704211663316.png
Thats cool! I love savage geese! One of the best car youtube channels if you're interested in the down and dirty details and engineering of these cars!

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
Pretty cool! SLVRBCK? Not sure if Jack brought out that personality for the Supra video though. 😂
Sponsored