Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra A91 (Refraction)
Hopefully you paid with a credit card. Tell them they have two options. Refund or deal with your CC company. This is completely unacceptable. My PPF isn’t perfect but compared to this it is damn near perfect.

Personally this is nearing small claims court for the amount of paint damage. Completely unacceptable.

edit: document absolutely everything. Every conversation, all of the damage. Keep dates and time. If you end up having to sue you’ll need it.
Appreciate it refraction bro
Sponsored

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've never tried to install PPF on anything, period, and I think I could do a better job if I was DRUNK, just because even drunk I would put more pride into my work than these clowns did with your car. I'm sorry you are going through this OP. That job is one of the worst excuses I've ever seen of someone who is supposed to be a "trained professional" doing their job.
This one made me laugh 😂

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I think others have suggested same but recommend you approach the installer now with these pictures and ask--really, demand--that they fix at no charge to you. If the answer is anything other than an unqualified "yes", open a dispute with the credit card company and seek a chargeback. Make sure everything is in writing.

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think others have suggested same but recommend you approach the installer now with these pictures and ask--really, demand--that they fix at no charge to you. If the answer is anything other than an unqualified "yes", open a dispute with the credit card company and seek a chargeback. Make sure everything is in writing.
I don’t want him to touch my car at all anymore. He’s already done too much damage to special edition paint. He’s refused any sort of refund. This can only be resolved in court at this point.

Zenkuto

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium (AZ)
Despite all this, be positive though I know it’s hard to. Once you take it to another shop that knows what they are doing they will take that crap work off and make it beautiful again. Don’t let this experience ruin your Supra experience.

I saw your in SC, I know an excellent shop in GA that I got mines done and mine is literly perfect as I checked every corner with them. The shop is AP3 PPF, definitely check the out, and def doesn’t take a week. Maybe 3 days tops to get it done.
I can vouch for AP3. Got mine fully PPF'd and tinted, took 4-5 business days, but their attention to detail is second to none, and they treat your car like it's their own.

Sorry that that happened to your car OP, but it seems like either they had a new technician practice on your car, or you didnt do enough research on reputable shops in the area before pulling the trigger?

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can vouch for AP3. Got mine fully PPF'd and tinted, took 4-5 business days, but their attention to detail is second to none, and they treat your car like it's their own.

Sorry that that happened to your car OP, but it seems like either they had a new technician practice on your car, or you didnt do enough research on reputable shops in the area before pulling the trigger?
That’s where I was planning on taking it when/if this gets resolved. Heard many vouch for them and they look legit.

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I don’t want to sound arrogant but the shop research was not my fault. These guys claimed to be certified by Xpel, claimed to have done 15 Supras, and others recommended them. Never was there a chance to see that their work legitimately was terrible.

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don’t want to sound arrogant but the shop research was not my fault. These guys claimed to be certified by Xpel, claimed to have done 15 Supras, and others recommended them. Never was there a chance to see that their work legitimately was terrible.
To clarify they are indeed NOT certified and have ZERO training despite their claims. Just misleading and I doubt any other claim they make now.
Sponsored