Poor Man Spec to Proper Spec (Apple CarPlay on Base)

itsbassi

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Super happy with the result. I always hated sitting in my car because of how scammed I felt by Toyota/BMW because I got a base with the 6.5” business infotainment. Didn’t know anything about the different trims, just bought the cheapest 3.0 I could find during peak Covid with under 10k miles lol

Thankfully someone on here sold me their 8.8” display before selling their Supra and told me how to properly code it to my base thru BimmerCode (which I can pass on the info if needed) and then @BIMMER-REMOTE helped with coding AppleCarplay and making me feel like my purchase of the 2020 Supra was worth it. Now I can focus on upgrading my sound system - planned on OEM JBL but after seeing so many trash it…I think I’ll go custom lol

If you have a base that needs the apple CarPlay activation here’s the link:
https://bimmer-remote.com/products/firmware-upgrade-for-toyota-supra-carplay-fullscreen

Super worth it. Jakub is so amazing!

DF46E6B9-266B-47F8-9B78-A20F9383E7C7.jpeg
BA48023C-ED5D-4230-AEF4-9E6195584D60.jpeg
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Super happy with the result. I always hated sitting in my car because of how scammed I felt by Toyota/BMW because I got a base with the 6.5” business infotainment. Didn’t know anything about the different trims, just bought the cheapest 3.0 I could find during peak Covid with under 10k miles lol

Thankfully someone on here sold me their 8.8” display before selling their Supra and told me how to properly code it to my base thru BimmerCode (which I can pass on the info if needed) and then @BIMMER-REMOTE helped with coding AppleCarplay and making me feel like my purchase of the 2020 Supra was worth it. Now I can focus on upgrading my sound system - planned on OEM JBL but after seeing so many trash it…I think I’ll go custom lol

If you have a base that needs the apple CarPlay activation here’s the link:
https://bimmer-remote.com/products/firmware-upgrade-for-toyota-supra-carplay-fullscreen

Super worth it. Jakub is so amazing!

DF46E6B9-266B-47F8-9B78-A20F9383E7C7.jpeg
BA48023C-ED5D-4230-AEF4-9E6195584D60.jpeg
You've got more remotes than I've got OBD dongles lmao.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Why on earth did Toyota even put such a small screen in the car?? That’s Supra Corolla vibes. Looks much better man.

Side note - how do i get those cool. Sports displays? Bimmercode? One of ZRKs dongles?

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Side note - how do i get those cool. Sports displays? Bimmercode? One of ZRKs dongles?
Buried in the menus, I forget exactly where it is, but its there stock. Atleast on my 22 premium it is.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Buried in the menus, I forget exactly where it is, but its there stock. Atleast on my 22 premium it is.
I clearly don’t know my car well enough. Thanks.

OP
OP
itsbassi

itsbassi

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I clearly don’t know my car well enough. Thanks.
It’s in the settings under sports displays, if you’re tuned with EcuTek and run E blend you can have your tuner highjack the displays to show E content.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s in the settings under sports displays, if you’re tuned with EcuTek and run E blend you can have your tuner highjack the displays to show E content.
Thanks. Have a 22’ so no EcuTek :/.
Sponsored