Possible Debut at Tokyo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksim1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Car(s)
Sorry to disappoint, but 8 and 9 aren't a new Supra...

008.jpg

009.jpg

Taken directly from the Toyota newsroom website.
I can see them posting these 2 on the website just because they are concepts. The rest of the cars are concepts on the page.
But then revealing the Supra at the show because it is NOT a concept.
Sponsored

chrisephoto

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Lexus CT200h, 2000 Honda Civic, 1987 Toyota MR2
I can see them posting these 2 on the website just because they are concepts. The rest of the cars are concepts on the page.
But then revealing the Supra at the show because it is NOT a concept.
I like this reasoning and really hope this is the case!

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
View the source of the page (Ctrl + U, depending on browser). The format for the image names is tokyoms/.../001.jpg, 002.jpg, 003.jpg. The two photos I posted are 008.jpg and 009.jpg, there are no more photos after that (ie: 010.jpg, 011.jpg, etc). I think it is very safe to assume these are the two photos that will replace the "stay tuned" photos when Toyota decides it's time to reveal them.
I just went and looked up 008 and 009 too.
:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

For what it's worth, the Century is not a concept, but a car that will be released in mid-2018.

I haven't seen anything saying those 9 are the only things Toyota is showing at TMS, but still that's pretty disappointing news. If we have to wait, LA Auto show is Nov 27, NAIAS Detroit is Jan 14, 2018.
And just to remember, FT1 was unveiled at NAIAS in January of 2014, almost four (4) years ago. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^ same but now I'm having doubts lol. What a disappointment it will be to most if they don't show anything.

It does show Toyota has the first slot and then another slot later on under 'Toyota auto body'. I wonder if the auto body is for all the concepts and the first segment for the Supra Successor :hmm:

Ksim1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Car(s)

For what it's worth, the Century is not a concept, but a car that will be released in mid-2018.
http://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/detail/18986220/
Could still be a prototype being shown based on "New Century (prototype model)" labelled below the Century pic.
Which is still not a production model technically.

Maybe I'm just hoping that its just concepts and prototypes are going to be separate from production vehicles being shown.
And that the Supra ends up being a production model shown. Maybe Im just grasping at straws lol.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?

I haven't seen anything saying those 9 are the only things Toyota is showing at TMS, but still that's pretty disappointing news. If we have to wait, LA Auto show is Nov 27, NAIAS Detroit is Jan 14, 2018.
And just to remember, FT1 was unveiled at NAIAS in January of 2014, almost four (4) years ago. :sleep::sleep::sleep:
Yup, I was thinking the same.

Could still be a prototype being shown based on "New Century (prototype model)" labelled below the Century pic.

Maybe I'm just hoping that its just concepts and prototypes are going to be separate from production vehicles being shown.
And that the Supra ends up being a production model shown. Maybe Im just grasping at straws lol.
I always though "production" show cars are prototype models, because they are all technically per-production cars.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I was a bit skeptical at first, but Toyota only has one page dedicated for TMS 2017. It doesn't have another page that differentiate concept from production cars. I think some of y'all are just in denial :p. Like I said before, the test car still has tons of camo on it. If they were going to show a production model than shouldn't the test car dropped more camo by now? Also our forum's insider said we weren't going to see anything at Tokyo, and that a Detroit debut was more likely.

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
I was a bit skeptical at first, but Toyota only has one page dedicated for TMS 2017. It doesn't have another page that differentiate concept from production cars. I think some of y'all are just in denial :p. Like I said before, the test car still has tons of camo on it. If they were going to show a production model than shouldn't the test car dropped more camo by now? Also our forum's insider said we weren't going to see anything at Tokyo, and that a Detroit debut was more likely.
Well, as the forum outsider I think they are still going to show the Supra at Tokyo and then discuss production in January.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300

Pre-production cars are classified as prototype model. See example below. Same story when the LC500 rolled on stage in 2016.

And yes you are :p

Lexus.jpg

SupraGuy19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CRV Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

:puke:

Zaki

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Zaki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Acura NSX, 2010 Nissan GTR; 2013 Lexus LS FSport; 2017 Prius Prime
Looks like @chrisephoto was right after all. Another 2 months until Detroit. :mad: :cry:
I am not sure what Toyota is gaining by keeping such a tight lid on official information about the Supra?
BMW is much more forthcoming with the Z5.

What is the harm in giving starving enthusiasts some information? If anything it might keep some who are on the fence to hold off a little longer and not just buy another car instead of waiting and waiting and waiting.....

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Not all that surprising IMO. Looking at history NAIAS was always the best bet.

Magazines also said LC-F debut at Tokyo Auto Show and nothing... I think that car is gonna be revealed in Geneva personally btw :D

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I am not sure what Toyota is gaining by keeping such a tight lid on official information about the Supra?
BMW is much more forthcoming with the Z4.

What is the harm in giving starving enthusiasts some information? If anything it might keep some who are on the fence to hold off a little longer and not just buy another car instead of waiting and waiting and waiting.....
Sadly Toyota is just a tight lip company in general. BMW on the other hand is definitely more forthcoming. They have already confirmed the start date for production and stated in their Z4 press release that we will see their production car in 2018. Toyota... crickets...

Another prime example: Toyota
Q: Is Lexus working on a LC-F?
A: We do not comment on future products.

BMW, here you go!
BMW-M8-photos-camouflage-08.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.