Possible issues with wastegate?

onimk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Hey all, have a 2020 Supra with the current mods: Bm3 tuned (SamehTuned), catless dp, and a pure 800.
Pure turbo went on about 2800 miles ago, just for context.
Past few days have been battling a Drivetrain error.
Now after clearing codes and trying a few things, these are mainly the codes that keep coming back.

Sometimes the car will go a whole day without bringing the drivetrain error back, sometimes only 30 minutes. Could this be a tune issue? (Going to reflash my custom tune tomorrow) or is it a Wastegate issue? I made sure to rotate the vclamp away from the EWG arm, but it's still coming back.

(Also, yes i'm sure the cruise control code is something completely different, not my worry right now).

IMG_1664.jpeg

IMG_1666.jpeg

IMG_1671.jpeg
Sponsored

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Have you watched the wastegate on start up?

It does a full sweep and could be getting stuck or possibly bumping into the turbine housing depending on how things are positioned.

OP
OP

onimk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Not on startup. I did rotate the turbo vclamp though and make sure it was away from the arm. The pure800 was installed about 2800 miles ago, and everything has been fine up until now. Could something have moved around in those few months?

Heres how it was looking after i moved the vclamp.

IMG_1560.jpeg

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Might need to adjust the arm length or use BMW ISTA to relearn the travel on the wg actuator.

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Might need to adjust the arm length or use BMW ISTA to relearn the travel on the wg actuator.
💯 this. BMW is very finicky with this, and if it’s a hair too short or too long it will give this error.

OP
OP

onimk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
💯 this. BMW is very finicky with this, and if it’s a hair too short or too long it will give this error.
Is there a thread in these forums on how to manually recalibrate the nut? Coming from all American muscles cars, im not too familiar with the bmw process.

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
Is there a thread in these forums on how to manually recalibrate the nut? Coming from all American muscles cars, im not too familiar with the bmw process.
Sponsored