Possible stripped oil pan

ReconAlex48

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Well the POS oil pan bolt stripped the threads on the oil pan. I torqued to 18ftlbs like it says to do and the bolt just started free spinning. I put a m12 x 1.5 through the threads on the pan but the bolt still won’t get tight enough.
thinking about re threading the oil pan and getting a valved plug but not sure yet.
Has anyone ever removed the drain pan? Doesn’t look very straight forward
Sponsored

StupendousA90

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MK5 Supra
Hey, did you ever figure out the issue with this? Same thing happened to me today. I believe they over torqued it at the dealer and stripped it so when I went to put it back in it wouldn’t ever tighten, it just kept spinning.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Hey, did you ever figure out the issue with this? Same thing happened to me today. I believe they over torqued it at the dealer and stripped it so when I went to put it back in it wouldn’t ever tighten, it just kept spinning.
I have not looked close at doing an oil pan on this car, but to fix it right the pan will have to come off if the threads got pulled out. I would recommend thread insert. You drill, tap, and install the insert. Work great even on aluminum.

StupendousA90

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MK5 Supra
Ok thanks! I’ll see if the dealer can take care of the problem/fault but if not I’ll give that a try. Thanks again?
Sponsored