KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Theres something wrong with that red paint. Not sure those can be buffed out.
Sponsored

Chad.A91

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 premium
Ya I don’t think so either. Which really sucks. The red looks awesome on the Supra.

nepasupra

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
So fun update...
I have a 2020 red one, got it end of Summer in 2020. I never went over the paint with a microscope to look for the small what look like blemishes like some of these other guys but it looked very good until within 6mos of ownership the front bumper clear coat went into full clear coat failure with huge chunks flaking/falling off. I got the first issue fixed and covered.

Now I have 2 new parts of the car going into clear coat failure, the top front hood and the back bumper. The front hood they are covering but apparently the field rep gave a lot of push back and tried making claim that it was caused by bird droppings.. service manager guess walked him off that cliff.. my car is garage kept.. rinsed off after almost every drive, especially if there was bird dropping.. anyways, the rep, however, made the decision to deny the back bumper and is claiming it is from debris despite service manager showing case history and it is known issue.

Not even full 2yrs of ownership and over half the car is in clear coat failure. I would HIGHLY advise staying FAR AWAY from the 20s Red.. I haven't even received any type of offer from Toyota to "buy back" the car like what I have seen others comment on the forum. I had to open case now with Toyota corp over this and was also encouraged to start bringing up lemon law to get this dealt with. Really sad.

old post: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/2020-red-3-0-supra-clear-coat-peeling-off-on-bumper.9953/

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I remember looking a 2021 red one that just came off the truck and it also had the red paint issues.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Note: toyota did buy back my car due to electrical issues. The paint was the final straw for me.
Sponsored