Wastegate possible issue?

VeeBeeA90

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
880whp 2020 Supra, 820whp Evo 9, Astra VXR
Anyone think this may be the issue? WG is cracked open with the car on the lift.
IMG_1390.jpeg
Did you ever get to the bottom of this ?

What was the fix ?
I am having issues also but I am getting a loud noise when hitting boost then it seems like its closing the throttle and dumping the boost. But no error codes at all and only happens every so often.

Maybe a faulty wastegate/electronic actuator ?
Sponsored

VeeBeeA90

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
880whp 2020 Supra, 820whp Evo 9, Astra VXR
Here's this sound,

Just to add its not the turbo or compressor wheel.
This is an old video from Feb when it first did this. Stock turbo blew the seals to I just decided to get more mods done.

Fast forward, few months later we have a locally hybrid turbo done, EOS mani, PI, reflex, fuel pump.
we did the base tune last week at 670whp and it ran perfect on the dyno and for a few street pulls. 3 days later, doing road logs it does this sound again, dumps the boost at a shift but boost reads higher than the target on the log.

As its not doing it all the time, think it could be a faulty wastegate ? maybe something is messed up with the internals on it.

What you guys think ?

my shop will look at it in the week but trying to get some info.

OP
OP
TommyGSpeed

TommyGSpeed

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Here's this sound,

This is an old video from Feb when it first did this. Stock turbo blew the seals to I just decided to get more mods done.

Fast forward, few months later we have a locally hybrid turbo done, EOS mani, PI, reflex, fuel pump.
we did the base tune last week at 670whp and it ran perfect on the dyno and for a few street pulls. 3 days later, doing road logs it does this sound again, dumps the boost at a shift but boost reads higher than the target on the log.

As its not doing it all the time, think it could be a faulty wastegate ? maybe something is messed up with the internals on it.

What you guys think ?

Oh that an interesting sound! Almost sounds like boost leak to me. With mine, I did have a small leak at the manifold plenum and the head, we put new seals in and pressure tested and it was all good. Other thing I did, I went to a different tuner (marin) and got a tune from him. He was able to adjust my wastegate and fixed my wastegate issue. Now the only issue I have is the car keeps throwing a 'crankcase ventilation error' but I don't notice any performance issues.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Here's this sound,

What you guys think ?

Screenshot_20230710_191150_Chrome.png