Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got around doing a single step polish in the car months after. Since Toyota said my paint defect is “Normal”

Now it sticks out like a sore thumb. This is definitely not normal at all

upload_2019-12-9_22-56-29.jpeg

upload_2019-12-9_22-56-56.jpeg

upload_2019-12-9_22-57-22.jpeg
Quick question? How did the dealership sell that to you without noticing it? It's clear as hell in the light.
Sponsored

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
On the front splitter. I wish the dealership had touch up paint for that. I really need it till I go back to the ceramic coat ship to fix it.
There is touch up paint. You can order from BMW. They have both the base and the clear available. I want to say it the base BMW color is black sapphire.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Quick question? How did the dealership sell that to you without noticing it? It's clear as hell in the light.
Why would the dealership care? If it's manufacturer's defect then after the sale it's the manufacturer's problem not theirs.

They'd sell you a car even if they dented/scratch it while parking.. they'd just park it close to a wall so you can't see it.. (true story from a long time ago).

OP
OP
Dooo

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
UPDATE:

This is for anyone looking at this thread related to the paint issue on your door garnish pieces or rockers on Nocturnal Paint. I am writing this post because I have been getting some questions from fellow forum members. Please read below.

If you noticed the paint issue on your car like the pictures in this thread, you cam to the right place. The very first step for you to do is to make an appointment at your local Toyota dealership. With any issue related to your car, you will need to address that at your Service Appointment first to get the process started. The dealer will probably tell you that a Field Engineer will need to take a look at your vehicle. From what I have been told, there is only 1 Field Engineer per Region. So you will most likely have to make another appointment to drop off your car on the day the Field Engineer comes out. Here is where it could either be easy or hard. It will depend on your Field Engineer's decision. If he is good at his job, he will see the paint issue and grant the warranty work to get it right. If he deems the issue "Normal" then unfortunately it will drag out the process. Toyota should be aware of this issue by now, but who knows. If you are in the situation where Toyota deemed the issue "Normal" then send me a PM please. I will help you with getting the issue resolved. But hopefully you don't have to go through the process I did.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
UPDATE:

This is for anyone looking at this thread related to the paint issue on your door garnish pieces or rockers on Nocturnal Paint. I am writing this post because I have been getting some questions from fellow forum members. Please read below.

If you noticed the paint issue on your car like the pictures in this thread, you cam to the right place. The very first step for you to do is to make an appointment at your local Toyota dealership. With any issue related to your car, you will need to address that at your Service Appointment first to get the process started. The dealer will probably tell you that a Field Engineer will need to take a look at your vehicle. From what I have been told, there is only 1 Field Engineer per Region. So you will most likely have to make another appointment to drop off your car on the day the Field Engineer comes out. Here is where it could either be easy or hard. It will depend on your Field Engineer's decision. If he is good at his job, he will see the paint issue and grant the warranty work to get it right. If he deems the issue "Normal" then unfortunately it will drag out the process. Toyota should be aware of this issue by now, but who knows. If you are in the situation where Toyota deemed the issue "Normal" then send me a PM please. I will help you with getting the issue resolved. But hopefully you don't have to go through the process I did.
So, did yours get resolved?
Sponsored