PPF installers

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi TTS FinalEdition & SupraPro Special Edition
Having collected my Supra A91 in matte mineral white, (though it shud be called satin actually) have washed it twice now and cant find any chips or marks which is great and I would like to keep it that way.

Ive found a PPF installer - one called Project -r who do Xpel Stealth film and a silver protection package for around Ā£2600 inc VAT but no experience of them (reviews r good tho) which seems to cover all the vital areas?
Project R

So can anyone recommend through their own experience of a good PPF installer in West Yorkshire / Manchester area. and if that price seems competitive etc

ppf.jpg
Sponsored

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R. e46
i would ask for headlamps too.
what are front wings? the fenders?
i paid around that much in USD and my car still looks showroom apart from some windshield pitting.

OllieP

First Name
Olllie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90-MT
Iā€™ve had a similar package at Topaz leeds. They are really good but they donā€™t hide they are one of the most expensive. If you give them a call you can pop in and see their work and work through prices to you budget.

OP
OP
Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Iā€™ve had a similar package at Topaz leeds. They are really good but they donā€™t hide they are one of the most expensive. If you give them a call you can pop in and see their work and work through prices to you budget.
[/QUOTE
Thanks Ollie, I gave them a call and they are similar to Project-R in price, a bit nearer to me tho a few differences in that they use their own film, which is a customised Xpel and own templates. Their medium package covers the complete front and side sills, did you go for this tho it does nt cover the back arches, not sure if i need this ?

OllieP

First Name
Olllie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90-MT
I got the medium with a ceramic coat and part of the rear arch but I donā€™t think itā€™s that necessary. Iā€™m actually taking back in soon for the roof. Thatā€™s the only place I actually have stone chips after 5k miles

OP
OP
Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thats some determined stone chip to hit the roof! What bit did you think was unnecessary the rear arch or the ceramic coat?

OllieP

First Name
Olllie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90-MT
Definitely the rear arch but i could have done the ceramic coat myself. Really happy with the results in general.

OP
OP
Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Definitely the rear arch but i could have done the ceramic coat myself. Really happy with the results in general.
Booked it in for next Monday, whole front plus Sills and rear arches etc, and they are fitting the ZL1 rock guards as well. They provided lots of detail which was good and they asked who recommended them, so i gave your name, who knows you might get a discoount next time you visit!

OllieP

First Name
Olllie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90-MT
Happy days, legend. Mines in for the roof and a redo on the front bumper (covered by their warranty) on Monday morning as well

OP
OP
Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Happy days, legend. Mines in for the roof and a redo on the front bumper (covered by their warranty) on Monday morning as well
Ollie, what happened to the bumper then ? If you dont mind how much is it to get the roof done? did you get the A pillars done too? Its like a whole new area of interest has sprung up for me šŸ¤£

OllieP

First Name
Olllie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90-MT
I gave it a clean for the first time since it was applied and there was tiny piece of microfibre under the PPF so I took it back for their opinion and they were okay with replacing it. Since having the rest done, I noticed another stone chip on the roof so may as well get that done at the same time. They did me a deal tbh but Ā£400+ inc vat. Not doing the A pillars as I was lucky enough to get a stone ruin my drivers side one, so this weekend Iā€™m replacing it and they are like Ā£80 each so they arenā€™t really worth PPF in my opinion, if they get swirl marks, I can take them off and polish them.

initialDnut

First Name
Rikard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra Premium and 2023 BMW M5 Comp
I would also check that the shop is on Xpel's list of installers, if you aren't already. I have use two different places on their list and they were both really good.

https://www.xpel.com/clearbra-installers/united-kingdom/west-yorkshire

I PPF'd my Supra for the track (front and sides) and my whole M5. One thing to think about is that the cuts for the Supra are a real pain, so, I would really double check the installers and may be a but pricier. The one I went to outside NYC did a great seamless job.

OP
OP
Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would also check that the shop is on Xpel's list of installers, if you aren't already. I have use two different places on their list and they were both really good.

https://www.xpel.com/clearbra-installers/united-kingdom/west-yorkshire

I PPF'd my Supra for the track (front and sides) and my whole M5. One thing to think about is that the cuts for the Supra are a real pain, so, I would really double check the installers and may be a but pricier. The one I went to outside NYC did a great seamless job.
Good tips, I decided to take it to Topaz who seem excellent. They have a 1mm tolerance on fitting PPF so if they cant wrap it around an edge, its no more than 1mm from the edge so no unsightly gaps. They also use their own film which is an "improved variant" of xpel and their own templates.

I dropped the car off on Saturday and they had a number of high end cars there Lambos, Ferraris and McClarens they had there for PPF and detailing blew me away. Their was a Lambo in satin mauve PPF and I really could n' tell it was ppf and not genuine satin paint, it was amazing. So I feel reassured my little Toyota will be well wrapped when I collect it next week.

Malcolm Feth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
I strongly suggest using https://www.konings.co.uk/paint-protection-film/ if you are in the UK.

Guys wrapped few of my cars (including my Supra) and quality of their work exceeds any expectations and competition in the UK (including Topaz). The level of service and attention to details is just unbelieveble. I talked to a few of their customers and they are sharing similar opinion.

One downside; they have a bit longer waiting time (still worth it).

OP
OP
Craig172

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think the "best" PPF installers is very subjective, there are clearly ones that are very good at what they do and others that are so so. Thre is no reason why several PPF installation busiensses can not be in the top tier, its does nt have to be like top trumps ;)

The cars I saw at Topaz were immaculate prepped and ppf'ed and if customers entrust their McClarens and ther really top of the range sports cars Ferraris, Lambos etc then that is more than good enough for me and my little Supra. I collect it next week so proof will be in the pudding, watch this space!
Sponsored