Sethtroy22

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hello everyone

I recently bought a used 2020 Supra from a Toyota dealership and after doing some research I think the previous owner has set some stuff using bimmercode. If I buy a obdlink bimmercode would I be able to reset the car back to factory settings ? I am not sure what might have all been changed and am looking to just reset it back to factory. Any help is greatly appreciated
Sponsored

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hello everyone

I recently bought a used 2020 Supra from a Toyota dealership and after doing some research I think the previous owner has set some stuff using bimmercode. If I buy a obdlink bimmercode would I be able to reset the car back to factory settings ? I am not sure what might have all been changed and am looking to just reset it back to factory. Any help is greatly appreciated
Nah man you are stuck with it like that forever......jk yeah you can set them back to default. Some of the things you wont want to tho, such as ASD and auto stop start.

OP
OP

Sethtroy22

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Is this the one to get ? Looks like the most popular one on the forums ?
B5F22DAB-22E1-464D-AE8B-7DB11ABDD02F.png

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I have used this on my M2 and there's a reason why i export my backup file onto a flash drive just in case I got a new phone or lost\damaged my phone.

Bimmercode doesn't have default values stored at all. Therefor, OP cannot revert back without the original backup file that's in the previous owners mobile device.

In this case, if the OP launches Bimmercode, it won't have any locally stored backup on his phone yet, instead it'll create a backup of the current values on the car when first connecting. So if OP selects restore, it won't go back to how it was from the factory (or rather, it'll say no backup file found)

I'd contact the Bimmercode app developer to see what they suggest, however....

...I think a solution could be that if a user on here with the same trim level Supra can send him the backup file of their car, OP then places it in Bimmercodes folder and restore from there.

*I'd totally do it, if I had a Supra, but i'm still looking for one haha

Last edited:

David232

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
What app do you download on the iPhone for the bimme code

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hello everyone

What do you suspect is changed? Some things are harder to go back to than others if you don't have a backup.

OP
OP

Sethtroy22

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I noticed that my dash cluster looks different in the bottom left corner from everyone else’s I see. I was thinking it might have to do with bimmercode. I noticed once I changed the profile to mine that the mirrors now tilt down and when I bought it the profile was under guest I think and the mirrors never went down. I added pictures of regular dash display and mine. If you see the bottom left corner shows a red line and also KM/h. It shows mph right above which normal but not sure why it looks different. Also mine isn’t red either mine is yellow. I know the car was an early model 2020 originally from Canada not sure if that’s the issue
7F6C82FB-2EB7-4C45-8F0B-9E6E87C73B48.jpeg
320C38B5-771F-4228-AAAA-61E6A95993B2.jpeg

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
If you bought it from a Toyota dealer I would suggest taking it back to them to have the head unit flashed back to factory if you want to be sure.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I noticed that my dash cluster looks different in the bottom left corner from everyone else’s I see. I was thinking it might have to do with bimmercode. I noticed once I changed the profile to mine that the mirrors now tilt down and when I bought it the profile was under guest I think and the mirrors never went down. I added pictures of regular dash display and mine. If you see the bottom left corner shows a red line and also KM/h. It shows mph right above which normal but not sure why it looks different. Also mine isn’t red either mine is yellow. I know the car was an early model 2020 originally from Canada not sure if that’s the issue
7F6C82FB-2EB7-4C45-8F0B-9E6E87C73B48.jpeg
320C38B5-771F-4228-AAAA-61E6A95993B2.jpeg
That was definitely coded with Bimmercode. Someone got happy with expert mode. Unless you have the original backup file, you will need to have the dealership reflash it back to stock.
Sponsored

Last edited: