Protool issues

kingdooksdb

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
So I’ll try to keep the story extremely short I have a femto unlocked manual supra.. back in July I got into an accident which caused me to have to replace one of my headlight and modules I am trying to calibrate my headlight or initialize it without having to go to Toyota and having femto wiped off my ECU. But pro tool is not being read on my android phone I am hooked up to and obd2 ethernet with an Ethernet to usb c splitter…. Nothing is registering I ordered wireless enet adapter to attempt to use that but I’m lost and the search function came up with nothing helpful. I’m also running out of time at the body shop. They want to send it to the dealership.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kingdooksdb

kingdooksdb

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I've always just used a generic wifi dongle and it's worked fine, I use the one that came with XHP but any of them should work.

Make sure you have airplane mode on, but also wifi on. Disable Bluetooth.
as of right now I can’t connect, Protool admins have beenextremely responsive and helpful but I strongly believe im doing something wrong or the phone im using (old phone I replaced due to usb port giving me issues) is just not reading properly so I will try the Wi-Fi device I bought and hopefully that rectified it… but then after that I need to figure out how to get me car to recognize and calibrate the stupid ass headlight.. what a headache.

moral of the story don’t crash your unlocked supra… will I learn my lesson though? The answer is a resounding no

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
No other Supra or BMW owner in NY? Check with any to see if it's your phone or not..
No other Android user around ??

OP
OP
kingdooksdb

kingdooksdb

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The problem is I’m running out of time before the autobody shop says we have to send it in… shipping could take weeks, weeks I do not have
I had mine in less than a week, but I hear ya. If you lived in the area, I'd let you borrow/buy mine. Off topic.. but reasons like this is why I can't tough my ECU until I have a spare to tune. Good luck, dude!

OP
OP
kingdooksdb

kingdooksdb

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I had mine in less than a week, but I hear ya. If you lived in the area, I'd let you borrow/buy mine. Off topic.. but reasons like this is why I can't tough my ECU until I have a spare to tune. Good luck, dude!
The only positive note is that I can do the customROM which is an option I didn’t have the first go around so…. Lol?!

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The only positive note is that I can do the customROM which is an option I didn’t have the first go around so…. Lol?!
Sometimes a loss is a win! In the end, you'll probably be in a better place.
Sponsored