OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
@Axix23 dang another company who can't take criticism... well know who to avoid now.
It completely caught me off guard in telling me to not ever buy from him ever againā€¦ā€¦. Oh wellā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
FWIW, I have this piece, and it broke in the same spot as well.

I've always liked Jon, but holy shit that email. Ouch.
I still like him tho. Lol I guess the ecu cover is just made to be installed and never pulled off ever again.. Kinda like the model cars you assemble when we were kids. Canā€™t really touch them or the doors may break offā€¦

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I also have that same exact piece. And it broke on 2 of the posts. I ended up selling in here on the forums for like 80% off

Not the biggest waste of money, but definitely a waste of money

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I just wanted to point out that I first messaged him on Dec. 27 and it was read but never replied. And once again on the 28th about the ecu cover which was read and no reply. A quick reply that takes 30 seconds and this thread probaly would of never been postedā€¦ He said in the email that he was busy with the holidays and have other commitments.
IMG_7303.png
IMG_7304.png

Itā€™s like Jan 15th now. I understand that I am a nobody and isnā€™t important anymore šŸ˜¢

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
How does it seem suspicious? I barely drive my Supra, it stays inside the garage most of the time. I have under 1400 miles on it. Itā€™s not tracked or daily driven. I didn't abuse the ecu cover. I promise.
LOL
Re-read my post. I wasn't attacking you.

In other news: pretty disconcerted to read that email. While I've been pleased with all of my NVS purchases, the ECU cover seems particularly fragile if so many of us have all had it break in the same spot. It's like the plastic is too brittle for the intended use in that area, and it doesn't hold up to removal like the OEM piece does. Or the ball that goes into the rubberized socket is slightly too large, necessitating too much force for removal.

At any rate, I cannot in good conscience support businesses that attack their customers for (pretty politely) discussing potential product concerns. So, I guess I'll look elsewhere going forward. Sad to see.

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Re-read my post. I wasn't attacking you.
yeah, sorry. I didnā€™t understand. But I wanted to let people know that I didnā€™t abuse the ecu coverā€¦.. If I did, then by all means, I donā€™t deserve a replacement or etc.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Not taking sides here but if something is out of warranty then itā€™s out of warranty. Why would anybody expect any company to replace it for free? I think what heā€™s offered is fair in this case, itā€™s not like he didnā€™t offer a solution.

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Not taking sides here but if something is out of warranty then itā€™s out of warranty. Why would anybody expect any company to replace it for free? I think what heā€™s offered is fair in this case, itā€™s not like he didnā€™t offer a solution.
Very good point and I 10000% agree with you. His company and he gets to make the warranty rulesā€¦ I respect that.

He didnā€™t really mention why itā€™s wasnā€™t under warranty. I just assumed bc it was a few months out of warranty.

His solutions were to pay $150 for a new ecu cover or glue the piece backā€¦ā€¦ Hmmmmmmmm. Great solutions there. Keep in mind I paid less during one of their special Black Friday salesā€¦..

I think your missing the point here alittle. He didnā€™t offer this one time replacement solution before until affer I made the post on a public forumā€¦ā€¦. And then told me to gtfo basicallyā€¦.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Very good point and I 10000% agree with you. His company and he gets to make the warranty rulesā€¦ I respect that.

He didnā€™t really mention why itā€™s wasnā€™t under warranty. I just assumed bc it was a few months out of warranty.

His solutions were to pay $150 for a new ecu cover or glue the piece backā€¦ā€¦ Hmmmmmmmm. Great solutions there. Keep in mind I paid less during one of their special Black Friday salesā€¦..

I think your missing the point here alittle. He didnā€™t offer this one time replacement solution before until affer I made the post on a public forumā€¦ā€¦. And then told me to gtfo basicallyā€¦.
No I get your point. You werenā€™t happy with the initial solution he offered because you didnā€™t want to pay to replace something out of warranty. I get that, Iā€™m sure weā€™ve all been there at some point with something weā€™ve bought in our lifetime. But like I said, if itā€™s out of warranty then itā€™s out of warranty.

My issue is that now that he reached out to you privately to resolve the situation and take care of you, you then post again to now attack his business? Iā€™m sure thereā€™s plenty of people on this forum that know heā€™s gone above and beyond to take care of them.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
Hello Timmy

Thank you for your feedback. My apologies that my products and or I have not satisfied your expectations. I would love to know an order number so I can look into what was said and or where I Fell short on delivering your expectations. Did you place an order with us under a different name? My apologies because I don't see a purchase history with your name on here.

Thank You

Jon
NVS
Yes. As illustrated in the previous email, Iā€™d recommend folks steer clear of NVS. They make a good product but the customer service is lacking.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I also agree with this as well. 'fine I'll fix it, but don't buy from me again' is shitty.

I'd like to see the rest of the email chain.

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
Hello Kyle

My apologies for the inconvenience did you reach out to me on this matter? I don't see a purchase history under your name. Do you have an order number for reference that I can assist you with?

Thank You

Jon
NVS
No point in reaching out, as im out of warranty anyway, just wanted to share that my ecu cover also broke from the same spot.

but after seeing your Email to Op, Iā€™m convinced that you werenā€™t gonna do anything about it anyway lmao.

Kyle isnā€™t my real name btwā€¦

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I just wanted to update that Jon @ Nv Specialties just shipped me a new one ecu cover without me asking. He went beyond my expectations and provided exceptional customer service. I give credit when itā€™s due. Like I said, I have 0 issues with his other products.

IMG_7579.jpeg
Sponsored