Purchased a Launch Edition Red for MSRP

SLVR Stealth

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ZZT230 Supercharged
Gorgeous, Iā€™ve built a few Supras myself from show car, wild crazy widebody, street daily, and even ground up restores. Nothing more pleasing then refreshing an iconic vehicle. I sure know how you feel when it comes to needing a daily and not abusing the baby after major surgery haha. I just love how dedicated you are as an enthusiast Iā€™m the same way and super meticulous. Some people wouldā€™ve gave up and let the car rot. Btw, the red stitch and black alcantara will flow perfectly with your red/black theme of vehicles. Congrats and enjoy your new 2020 canā€™t wait until you rack up the miles on your daily. Keep up the good work.

Hakkim23

First Name
Basith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Toyota Camry
Dude thatā€™s a goddamn good deal!
Congratulations Iā€™m so happy for you!
I would love to have both the MkIV and MkV Supra

OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
Okay Fun Story, I'll post more images for you later to verify but my MKIV supra was produced in 06/93 and my new supra is produced 06/2019 Exactly 26 years apart...

AwMDAwMDAwMDAvYXR0YWNobWVudHMub2ZmaWNlLm5ldEBlYjA5NTYzNi0xMDUyLTQ4OTUtOTUyYi0xZmY5ZGYxZDExMjEifQ.jpg

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Okay Fun Story, I'll post more images for you later to verify but my MKIV supra was produced in 06/93 and my new supra is produced 06/2019 Exactly 26 years apart...
Now that's a cool story!

OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so my Original Supra was in fact a Launch Edition but they didn't number it like that in 1993. In general I always tell people I have a 94 Supra because technically speaking my Supra is the later half of 93 and in terms of parts if I say I have a 93 Supra it's always the MK3 and parts and everything gets screwy so I've generally always said it's a 94 Supra.

Again I have a Launch Edition (Premier) 93 Supra they didn't' number the cars though in 93:
TQqglZ5f0pAEDv-0TIOWpGPJ9EddBCu67LjBg3eio7WSdgWjyBVmhCA1-EW6kqeZ5EdN45y69oVV6gJ6vW0=w475-h633-no.jpg

And it was Manufactured in 06/93 in Japan by Toyota:
upload_2019-9-6_7-41-39.png

So now we got a new member to the family and she's Also a Launch Editions:
awmdawmdavyxr0ywnobwvudhmub2zmawnllm5ldeblyja5ntyzni0xmduyltq4otutotuyyi0xzmy5zgyxzdexmjeifq-jpg.jpg

And she was made in Germany in 06/2019:

upload_2019-9-6_7-42-28.png

nathanstl

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Acura NSX
Nice car and congratulations! I really love the Red with Black wheels look, but I went with Phantom to try something different than my current setup. Hoping to get mine in December. Hereā€™s my last 2 Red with black...

4CFD4725-D514-4BD0-B866-25647FA4E261.jpeg

8F00ADAE-38D8-48D4-87B5-11A49D1970A1.jpeg

Blakbird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 MKIV 6spd HT
Congrats didn't think you would get one after seeing your posts on SF lol. Keep us posted on ownership etc....

OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Apologies to everyone who PM'ed me and me not getting back to them I took delivery of my new Supra and well I've been working (Remote) and trying to get back to California. I begin my drive back with my father and well wish me luck I'll be posting and sharing and participating more once I get back to California.

Until Then:

upload_2019-9-10_8-49-30.png

OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ripper I sent you a PM I'll try to tackle my inbox and get back the status to everyone, Can't believe I have these two twins together... and it's good to be back in Southern California:

upload_2019-9-16_9-37-23.png

Anyways I completed my 2,300 mile road trip across the great America and I am familiar with many aspects of this automobile. Again I hate to be a broken record but I really can't believe I own both the MKV and MKIV Red Launch Editions. It was wonderful to be able to drive them with my Dad and the amount of attention we got driving around Sunday Morning was quite nuts, I mean they're just Toyotas right?

upload_2019-9-16_9-37-48.png

upload_2019-9-16_9-38-0.png

Anyways so I think the MKV is a great car to drive across the country and my dad loved it as well in fact he prefers it over the MKIV for long drivers perhaps due to the technology and higher level of comfort. So some things that I'm upset with on the MKV are the following:

1) the Horn needs to be changed it's not intimidating or attention getting as it needs to be. Point is this someone almost backed into the MKV we honked and it doesn't feel like "!" as it needs to be if you catch my drift. It's a little too mute or nonshlant is what I would call it.

2) There is no Oh Shit Bar for the passenger, for older folks it's kind of difficult to have a bar or handle to grab. Many Toyotas actually have this the MKIV has it on the A-Pillar of the Passenger Side and the LC500 has two of them left and right of the passenger. Even to just use to get in and out of the car it can be useful/handy especially for older people like my Dad and anyone else.

3) I actually miss my rear wiper blade that my MKIV has while my MKV doesn't have it. It's not like I'm driving in the rain and I need one, but sometimes it's misty and it's nice to have the one or two swipes and you're golden. I know I know I have a backup rear camera but out of habbit perhaps I just sometimes enjoy using my rear view window.

4) The passenger seat is higher by about 1 to 1.5 inches over the driver seat. This was already kind of annoying on the MKIV because the MKIV had a manual chair on the passenger side vs an electrical on driver side. I'd prefer both seats to have the same height which helps with comfort and switching between driver and passengers. It's as if the assumption is a Tall Guy will drive the car and have a short girlfriend or wife so they adjusted the car specific to those proportions or.... it's just a one-man car. As the rant continues I basically could never really find a seating position in the passenger side that I enjoyed or was fully comfortable with after driving for 4-5 hours and switching. I found myself adjusting and adjusting and adjusting the seat. (Note I did NOT do this in the MKIV)

5) I don't believe I can actually hear the Turbo's and I don't believe I can add a Blow Off Valve. I'd enjoy being able to hear something other then my exhaust.

6) The car is tight and although I'm asian I'm a tall asian at 6 feet tall but I still feel like it's tight, I don't mind it being tight but I can't imagine remotely being overweight in this car. In fact even as tight as it is and me being the way I am I'm encouraged to stay fit and flexible just to be able to drive this thing. I think what I'm trying to say is that I think of fitting in this vehicle much like a Road Bike vs a Mountain Bike or a Beach Cruiser. Meaning if you want to ride a fast road bike you gotta be fit,lean and flexible otherwise it's going to kill you if you go day in and day out in this automobile. Can you be fat and overweight and drive this thing? Sure but IMO it's like seeing that overweight guy riding that road bike.

upload_2019-9-17_14-31-24.jpeg
Vs.
upload_2019-9-17_14-31-32.jpeg

See what I mean?

Edit: After reading the thread https://www.supramkv.com/threads/so-i-screwed-up-and-bought-a-supra.2380/#post-54736 everything I've said at point 6 is just further supported/illiustrated.

Apologies in advance for how shallow or mean my comment above (#6) may have come across but it's strictly how I feel about it and what I would tell a friend. Hopefully you guys can forgive me for saying it and my brutal honesty but also understand... The MKIV however is not like this at all* But I'm not mad or upset about it, in fact I like seeing the car actually small as it's nice for once and the car feels more fitted to me in some kind of special way. Or Yea I'm just that crazy and delusional...

Don't how the Wheels got bigger from 17 to 19 on the New Supra but somehow the car got smaller, when you look at the M3 or the 911 this did NOT happen. I'm not mad about it, I can appreciate the different or the change up for once but just a wow moment or an Ah Hah Moment.

The technology is all great though and I have no complaints about that or even the lane assist that some people seem to be going off on. I can appreciate and enjoy switching between the two cars.

Last edited:
OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some image of the trip I'll go ahead and post because well these are kind of cool IMO what I especially enjoyed was seeing a Red LE Supra being transported while driving in my own as I whizzed by. That's a :p moment...

upload_2019-9-16_10-17-8.png

upload_2019-9-16_10-16-38.png
upload_2019-9-16_10-16-45.png

upload_2019-9-16_10-16-54.png

upload_2019-9-16_10-17-19.png

upload_2019-9-16_10-17-29.png

upload_2019-9-16_10-17-37.png

acadapter

First Name
A.C.
Threads
Reaction score