Purchased canadian 3.0 version saturday with delivery monday. Battery replace! Code!

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
no. they ae agm. glass mat. not lithium
Appearently some BMWs have even more complex and sophisticated battery charging systems? I don't know much about them. I found this that said they were lithium ion. $1700 or something crazy? Supposedly some M-cars have lithium ion so the braking recuperating charging works? That would mean they probably need charger capable of properly charging a lithium ion battery to BMW specs. That might be the special BMW Ctek charger the Toyota tech was referring to?

https://www.bmwpartsdeal.com/parts/bmw-lithium_ion_starter_battery-61217854563.html

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1095648
Sponsored

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
To be fair to the dealers, speculation ahead:
We don't know how much power is drained in transport mode throughout the whole shipment from Austria and later in Toyota's Princeton, IN location.
For whatever checks they had to do last year and perhaps similar ones this year, they may had to take them out of transport mode or something and shipped to the dealers at minimal capacity..
So, just saying it may be less of dealer mistake..

/*Rant ON*/
Regardless, the whole distribution network since last year has been chaotic from shipment to servicing. So, no wonder dealers don't know that there is a bulletin..
Inexcusable for sure and shall show Toyota that there are multiple things broken in their procedures. I've yet to experience anything drastic like this, so can't speak for all other Toyota's, but one-off partnership vehicles like 86 and Supra require more effort on servicing side and if Toyota can't grasp this, they'll lose customers. It's sad that with last years f ups, they've learned nothing and stuff like battery or gps activation are still headaches. I'll surely agree with covid as a good excuse, but let's hope that after covid, they'll get their shit together...

OP
OP
Drillerkc74

Drillerkc74

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 supra black on black
Well! Dealer admits they didnt read the bulletin about keeping battery charged!! None knows if it was defective but they replaced . There was a delay as they couldnt find one in canada!!!!

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Well! Dealer admits they didnt read the bulletin about keeping battery charged!! None knows if it was defective but they replaced . There was a delay as they couldnt find one in canada!!!!
Good to hear it's finally taken care of. Remember to keep it on a battery maintainer if you are storing it over winter.

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
Also hook up the charger to the jump starting terminals under the hood, not directly to the battery in the trunk.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
I thought I read there were not many Supras sold in Canada. It's probably as rare as a Ferrari there! It's also probably close to the performance of a base 360. lol.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I read there were not many Supras sold in Canada. It's probably as rare as a Ferrari there! It's also probably close to the performance of a base 360. lol.
We get in about 300 each model year
Sponsored