Quality Shop in MN ?

Williejay

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90
Just spoke to Imola for catless downpipe and Hks spring install and they quoted me $2600 😂🤣. The pipe had some good ish in it today. Anyone know a decent reputable shop that’s not charging $300 an hour for labor?

6656A04C-5D8A-4EF0-88B9-CCE483A9D1E2.png
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
This is by far the most insane quote I've seen to install a downpipe. It's $2,000 too expensive.

$200 for an alignment is high, but performance shop.. sure.
No idea on adjusting ride height.
$150-200 is probably fair for a downpipe install, $300 is getting to pricey, but if reputable shop... ok.

OP
OP
Williejay

Williejay

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90
This is by far the most insane quote I've seen to install a downpipe. It's $2,000 too expensive.

$200 for an alignment is high, but performance shop.. sure.
No idea on adjusting ride height.
$150-200 is probably fair for a downpipe install, $300 is getting to pricey, but if reputable shop... ok.
The damn near $1500 spring install is what got me 😂. I’m trying to get this stuff done before my trip to tail of the dragon in May. My buddy with an M4 recommended Imola , after this quote I’ll shop around 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: zrk

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
U could try ratified motorsports in Minneapolis. They specialize in Audi but have done many bmw’s. They have a shop car that is a Supra.

OP
OP
Williejay

Williejay

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90
U could try ratified motorsports in Minneapolis. They specialize in Audi but have done many bmw’s. They have a shop car that is a Supra.
They Quoted $750 for springs. $300 for DP if I purchase a DP through them and $500 if I provide my own DP 🤔. Never had a shop try and force me to purchase parts through them. I just reached out to Adam (Tuneplus) , he worked on my Focus RS and did great work and was super reasonable.

I think I’ll do the spring install myself. I did full coil overs (Fortune Auto 510s) on my RS in my garage. Took half a day. Only reason I was taking the supra in for a shop to do it was because I heard / read nightmares about bmw suspension but after watching videos it seems doable. Downpipe is a whole other thing andI would prefer a shop to do it.

styfyle

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 Accord
You can check out JWP Automotive and Budget Auto Repair. I haven't been to JWP myself yet since its a newer shop but I plan to go there once I get around to ordering my lowering springs and exhaust. The guy that owns JWP also owns Budget Auto Repair in New Brighton which I have been to in the past. Brought all my prior cars for work there and never had an issue, prices are good too so I don't see JWP being much different.

TheOnlyTwiTch-R6

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Did you ever find a MN Shop that's not 3x the rates of a normal shop?
Sponsored