Question for 2020 Premium edition

Rise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra / 2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hi i just bought a 2020 premium edition and had a couple questions. Now i bought this car used with 63 miles so idk if being used affects this or not but there is no navigation on it and says connect usb device to authorize which from reading some threads here the dealer is supposed to do that. My dealer said that the navigation is a trial and that because i bought it used even with that low of a mileage that i lost my trial and that i would need to call toyota and pay for navigation yet my wireless apple carplay still works. Also i thought the premium came with wireless charging but i don't have it, is it something you can easily take out? maybe the first owner did idk. I called toyota about it but they said they didnt know and to call bmw which of course told me its a toyota thing not a bmw so i'm at a loss here. Any input helps, thanks
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Hi i just bought a 2020 premium edition and had a couple questions. Now i bought this car used with 63 miles so idk if being used affects this or not but there is no navigation on it and says connect usb device to authorize which from reading some threads here the dealer is supposed to do that. My dealer said that the navigation is a trial and that because i bought it used even with that low of a mileage that i lost my trial and that i would need to call toyota and pay for navigation yet my wireless apple carplay still works. Also i thought the premium came with wireless charging but i don't have it, is it something you can easily take out? maybe the first owner did idk. I called toyota about it but they said they didnt know and to call bmw which of course told me its a toyota thing not a bmw so i'm at a loss here. Any input helps, thanks
Sounds to me you got a base. Not a premium. What color are your brakes?

OP
OP
Rise

Rise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can a base be upgraded this much? Brakes are red, red interior jbl speakers has the bigger screen wireless apple carplay, honestly it has everything you can get except the navigation and wireless charger but could be an upgraded base idk. Toyota isn't helping but I'll have to call them again I guess

image.jpg

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
yea from from my knowledge, the premium comes factory with NAV and all models comes with the wireless charging. whats the size of the display of the infotaiment?

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can a base be upgraded this much? Brakes are red, red interior jbl speakers has the bigger screen wireless apple carplay, honestly it has everything you can get except the navigation and wireless charger but could be an upgraded base idk. Toyota isn't helping but I'll have to call them again I guess

image.jpg
if its red interior. Launch Edition?

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Nav wasn’t paid for as a separate service. Never heard of that as being a paid add on.

Can also confirm that premium comes with wireless charging. (Dunno about base).

Does your Apple car play work? Could use that for nav til you figure it out.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Unless someone upgraded the wheels and painted the calipers, you have a premium. If your interior is red, then it's a Launch Edition unless someone swapped out the interior as well. All of which isn't likely. Do you have the launch edition carbon badge and number over the glove box? Navigation is standard on all premiums. Period. The dealer needs to activate it, and if they don't know how, then find another dealership. As for wireless charging, it is also standard. Was the charging pad removed or does it just not work?

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
check the door panel to on the driver side and see if thats red and your mirror caps. looking at the wheels it just hit me. that those are not launch edition wheels since all launch came with the matte black wheels. i have a feeling someone maybe swapped things around.. the dealer should sort things out.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Now that I think about it, I think Canadian deliveries had red interior as an option. So that could explain the interior if it's a Canadian car based on your location. I'm not sure if wireless charging was an option, but navigation should be activated

EDIT: After looking on the Canadian Toyota Site, it appears you have a Canadian Spec car. Navigation and Wireless charging were not offered as standard (neither is even listed as an option on the site). Red interior was an option on certain color 2020 Premiums (Absolute Zero being one of them)

OP
OP
Rise

Rise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure where it came from all I know is that it was used and was traded in with 63 miles, they advertised it as a premium edition, doesn't have the numbered badge inside or the red mirrors. Inside it has the full red interior not just the setas and on the doors too, the screen is the bigger one and comes with everything heated seats all the sensors the premium sound system the heads up display just not the nav or wireless charger pad.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
Rise

Rise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually now that I think about it the speedometer was in kph instead of mph I thought it was weird so maybe it is a Canadian car. I can live without the wireless charger I'd rather have the red interior if only the launch editions have it in America lol, I'll call Toyota again and see what's going on

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not sure where it came from all I know is that it was used and was traded in with 63 miles, they advertised it as a premium edition, doesn't have the numbered badge inside or the red mirrors. Inside it has the full red interior not just the setas and on the doors too, the screen is the bigger one and comes with everything heated seats all the sensors the premium sound system the heads up display just not the nav or wireless charger pad.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

woah.. ive never seen this before. if anything with the NAV toyota should program it for you.
Actually now that I think about it the speedometer was in kph instead of mph I thought it was weird so maybe it is a Canadian car. I can live without the wireless charger I'd rather have the red interior if only the launch editions have it in America lol, I'll call Toyota again and see what's going on
oh trust me the wireless charger is cool and all but pretty useless. it heats up your phone. and would rather not use it. and the tray that covers it makes your phone a hassle to remove. is the red interior just still on the driver side or the passenger side too?

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Ironically, it looks like they are offering both Navigation and Wireless charging as standard on the 2021 Canadian Models. You should be able to get the Navigation activated. I agree that the charging is not totally useful.
Sponsored