Question for Ethanol tuned members.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Hope everyone had an awesome and safe holiday! On to the question. How often, if at all, do you guys/gals that are running an E blend tune flush your fuel system with a tank of 91-93 octane? I've been running a mixed tank of E40-E45ish now for close to three months. Not the same tank obviously, this is like the third or fourth full tank that's been cycled through and my gas light just came on and I'm wondering if I should cycle a tank of 93 to help lubricate or flush the system.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hope everyone had an awesome and safe holiday! On to the question. How often, if at all, do you guys/gals that are running an E blend tune flush your fuel system with a tank of 91-93 octane? I've been running a mixed tank of E40-E45ish now for close to three months. Not the same tank obviously, this is like the third or fourth full tank that's been cycled through and my gas light just came on and I'm wondering if I should cycle a tank of 93 to help lubricate or flush the system.
I haven't. I keep the car around E40 always.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What lubrication or flushing do you think you need?
Well with Ethanol acting more like a Solvent/alcohol and Gasoline having more lubrication properties, I was just thinking that maybe in between tanks, like maybe every 4-5 tanks it might be good to toss a tank of 93 through the system to get a bit more lubricant back in there. This Ethanol tune on my Supra is the first time I've ever ran an E Blend so was just seeing what everyone else's outlook was on the situation.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Well with Ethanol acting more like a Solvent/alcohol and Gasoline having more lubrication properties, I was just thinking that maybe in between tanks, like maybe every 4-5 tanks it might be good to toss a tank of 93 through the system to get a bit more lubricant back in there. This Ethanol tune on my Supra is the first time I've ever ran an E Blend so was just seeing what everyone else's outlook was on the situation.
Your only concern would be if you dont drive the car year around. Ethanol will hold water and when it holds enough it will break apart from the gas mixture and separate. If you go through a tank or so a month you will be totally fine.

I do not drive my sports car all year round so the last fill before I put it away for 3-4 months will be 93 pump with a little drive.

There is no need to switch to 93 otherwise.

edit: The issue with the gas mixture separating is it causes the octane of the fuel to drop dramatically.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks all. I'm going to fill her back up with E40!

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just like @zrk , my car has been on E30 since first flash lol. Even before tuning i used to mix little mixtures of E in the tank.
Sponsored