Rear Brake Pads - Ceramic

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
~ I haven’t noticed any difference in the degradation of performance whatsoever. The backing plates will not transfer over for they are glued on and won’t pull loose to swap over. Bedding the pads won’t make a difference imo. Hope this helps.

If anyone wants a full set (front & rear) of like new Z26 pads (1,000 miles on them - no aggressive braking) … let me know.
$60 plus shipping.
Thanks for the update. It would be great to see comparison pics if you have them.

I’m annoyed with Powerstop because I specifically chose the Z26 because they said it was lower dusting. Grrr
Sponsored

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
~ I did swap back to the Z16 compound and do find them to be less dusty than the Z26.

They seem near dust free with clean wheels until about 300 miles or so then the dust or road dirt build up starts appears.

The black wheels make things worse than they may appear on a painted silver wheel.

Nothing is truly dust free… just much less dusty than stock pads (they are filthy and show dust with the first drive).
Hello - Can you tell me specific power stop part numbers you used for the Z16? the z16-1892 or the z16-1867? Seems to be a difference for 2021 depending on whether the car is before 7/2020 or not....

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I installed the Z26 Extreme pads last night/this morning.

I found the fronts were a real PITA to get out. On my X3MC, once I removed the pins the pads just slid out.

On the Supra it seems the backing of the OEM pads was "fused" to the pistons of the caliper. Almost like they were glued in. Car has only ~2000 miles so was surprised about that.

Is this some kind of adhesive backing on the OEM pads? It required some creative prying (and a few F-bombs) to get them out without scratching the caliper paint.

From the pic, you can see what looks like an adhesive which is missing where the pistons are (assuming it is now stuck to the pistons).

Have to bring the wheels to get the Michelin PSAS all-seasons put on and will bed them this weekend.

Edit - the rear pads were a snap in comparison. Literally 1/2 the time which is opposite of my previous experience.
OEM Front Pads.jpg
I use a high temp caliper grease for track pads. You probably won’t need that for street and they will never stick again for you. But if you’re interested, there are tons on the market. And in general, probably already said on this thread, softer street pad = less dust, race pad = tons of dust.

NJA90

First Name
Tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0
Now that there’s more options, anyone has any other suggestions for low brake dust ceramic pads?? I ordered z16 power stops but haven’t installed yet. Thinking if anything else is worth a swap out.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Now that there’s more options, anyone has any other suggestions for low brake dust ceramic pads?? I ordered z16 power stops but haven’t installed yet. Thinking if anything else is worth a swap out.
Anything ceramic for low brake dust

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...rged,3450320,brake+&+wheel+hub,brake+pad,1684

for example

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=14122057

And changing your DOT4 brake fluid every 2 years if not tracking is a good idea since the fluid is so hydroscopic.
Sponsored