Rear Diff Lock Issue

dismii

First Name
ISRAEL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 SUPRA
Hello Everyone i wanted to share my experience with diff lock issue that i keep saying multiple people have.
current mods
active autowerks catteddownpipe
hks suspension
spacers front and rear
mst intake
vehicle has no tune.

My issue started a month ago, driving my vehicle on the freeway down shift from 6th to 4th did a small pull and vehicle seemed to loose traction i let off got back on it and boom rear diff lock light came on, went away as i kept driving and boom it kept coming on and off again.

took it to the dealership they kept it for 3 weeks and couldn't figure it out. allegedly they calibrated the vehicle and also adjusted tire pressure. picked up the vehicle and boom light came on again at this point i was frustrated. parked the vehicle and boom car wouldn't start anymore now i needed a battery I'm guessing they had my door open for a while and car had just ran out of 3/36 warranty so I paid 300 plus for a battery replacement after they replaced the battery the following day and they struggled to get that done, kept the vehicle all day for a battery.
picked up drove a total of 200 miles with in the next day or two and boom the light came on again.

at this point i decided to take the vehicle to a different dealership they held the vehicle for 3 weeks and couldn't pin point the issue, they finally got backed to me stating the vehicle had a rear diff flush and they programmed it after and they said drive the vehicle if the light were to come back on it need a new alternator because of high voltage. drove the vehicle home and no issues, decided to take it to work and boom light came on again.

went to work checked voltage of the vehicle and its at 13.5 under load right how its suppose to be.

things i noticed when the light comes on apple car play music cuts in and out non stop and hear some noise from speakers.
i found out tires and alignment can cause that did see that my rear tires need replacement but i highly doubt that has to be the main culprit.
has anyone ran into what im having and what was the fix to it

rear diff lock.jpeg
Sponsored

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Any update on this? I have near identical mods and looking to have my battery replaced soon.

ARDILAGARAGE

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 toyota Supra GR 3.0 Launch Edition
Hello Everyone i wanted to share my experience with diff lock issue that i keep saying multiple people have.
current mods
active autowerks catteddownpipe
hks suspension
spacers front and rear
mst intake
vehicle has no tune.

My issue started a month ago, driving my vehicle on the freeway down shift from 6th to 4th did a small pull and vehicle seemed to loose traction i let off got back on it and boom rear diff lock light came on, went away as i kept driving and boom it kept coming on and off again.

took it to the dealership they kept it for 3 weeks and couldn't figure it out. allegedly they calibrated the vehicle and also adjusted tire pressure. picked up the vehicle and boom light came on again at this point i was frustrated. parked the vehicle and boom car wouldn't start anymore now i needed a battery I'm guessing they had my door open for a while and car had just ran out of 3/36 warranty so I paid 300 plus for a battery replacement after they replaced the battery the following day and they struggled to get that done, kept the vehicle all day for a battery.
picked up drove a total of 200 miles with in the next day or two and boom the light came on again.

at this point i decided to take the vehicle to a different dealership they held the vehicle for 3 weeks and couldn't pin point the issue, they finally got backed to me stating the vehicle had a rear diff flush and they programmed it after and they said drive the vehicle if the light were to come back on it need a new alternator because of high voltage. drove the vehicle home and no issues, decided to take it to work and boom light came on again.

went to work checked voltage of the vehicle and its at 13.5 under load right how its suppose to be.

things i noticed when the light comes on apple car play music cuts in and out non stop and hear some noise from speakers.
i found out tires and alignment can cause that did see that my rear tires need replacement but i highly doubt that has to be the main culprit.
has anyone ran into what im having and what was the fix to it

rear diff lock.jpeg
Hi man, Did you ever figure out what was the issue?
Sponsored