First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone!

Last month I have bought my white supra in for an oil change to the good shit. Royal Purple! The service manager that I know showed me there is a problem with car after doing the usual 8 point inspection. The dealership discovered a seal breach and oil is pouring from the rear diff. I only have 3678 miles on it. I don't like taking it out to much. I was told that it can't get fixed till around may 4th when the part gets in. So, the car is sitting here for at least two months. The seal had to be leaking since I bought the car. If I hadn't done a 3000 mile oil change, it would have really bad. I highly recommend everyone who owns one to at least have it checked out to make sure.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OP
OP
Jay2004

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! The mechanic showed me what was going on. It was all over, including the grounded wires and regular wires, the diff case and components. Another month driving around undetected, it would have been on the panel cover under the car. I was advised NOT to drive the car at all. They cleaned it up as much as possible so the oil doesn't drip on the panel. After the part gets replaced I definitely going to my detailing guy to have it completely cleaned. I don't want the Florida sand and dirt finding a way to get up in there to clog anything.

OP
OP
Jay2004

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
***update on the seal***** I just got the cars diff seal replaced today and what a Hassel. It took a week to get this crap done. The dealership had to order a special tool to put the seal back on, then they forgot to order the transmission fluid which extended the time frame. I just don't understand why they didn't think of this before I bought the car in. So, it's done now and I have to put at least 1600 miles on to test out the seal. Report say the seal starts wearing around the amount of time. I don't know if Toyota changed the material. We will see. I'll keep everyone updated on the situation.

OP
OP
Jay2004

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
****update****

Drove the car for 2 days after getting the diff seal replaced and now I'm having issues with the sport mode. Normally, when driving in sport mode I have NEVER fish tailed taking a turn. There is some type of issue where it feels like the traction control is not enabled even though the light is on. The steering wheel, suspension, and control feels in Normal mode. I reset the sport settings and still nothing.

OP
OP
Jay2004

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I even tried driving at the same time changing over the the sport and normal and there is NO difference. I don't know if the ECU needs to be re-flashed or something. So now the car goes back Thursday. I will give a heads up to everyone who going through this or might be.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Sorry for your issues man. I frankly donā€™t trust Toyota dealership techs working on this car right now. Car is so new and people have no clue. Remember, these techs normally work on Japanese cars. Not german. You may have better luck at a bmw speciality shop.

#1. Trial and error. Most of them are clueless and have no clue what they are doing. They are learning as they go.

#2. Changing something out or fixing something can cause them to mess something else up and make it even worse.

OP
OP
Jay2004

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for your issues man. I frankly donā€™t trust Toyota dealership techs working on this car right now. Car is so new and people have no clue. Remember, these techs normally work on Japanese cars. Not german. You may have better luck at a bmw speciality shop.

#1. Trial and error. Most of them are clueless and have no clue what they are doing. They are learning as they go.

#2. Changing something out or fixing something can cause them to mess something else up and make it even worse.
True true. I just having to go back on Thursday to try to solve more issues.

OP
OP
Jay2004

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
They are going to hook up the scan tool. Perform a road test and hand the car back.
Hahaha, I figured that. I am going to ask the dealership to see if they can reflash the ECU. I asked my brother about it and he told be that with BMW, because of the integration of computers, if Toyota disconnected the battery, they might have forgotten about reprogramming the car. So, car might not know it was put back together. I'll give a heads up about what the dealership says today. Thanks for the heads up though.

OP
OP
Jay2004

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Went to the dealership last week and I spoke with the service manager and now get this, he tells me that since the Supra is a BMW platform, this car has built in AI that learns your driving pattern and if you don't drive it for more than a certain amount of time, it deletes it. So, since the car couldn't be driven for 2 months waiting on the part it deleted my driving pattern? WTF? So I asked him if the battery was disconnected to start on the repair of the seal, he told me no. It never was. So, after multiple times of resetting my sport mode I got some of the performance back after testing it. Cross my fingers I get it back to what it was before.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Went to the dealership last week and I spoke with the service manager and now get this, he tells me that since the Supra is a BMW platform, this car has built in AI that learns your driving pattern and if you don't drive it for more than a certain amount of time, it deletes it. So, since the car couldn't be driven for 2 months waiting on the part it deleted my driving pattern? WTF? So I asked him if the battery was disconnected to start on the repair of the seal, he told me no. It never was. So, after multiple times of resetting my sport mode I got some of the performance back after testing it. Cross my fingers I get it back to what it was before.
Well there are plenty of people who drove it for the first time after being stored all winter. Anyone else have this experience?

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
:rofl: can you ask him to get that in writing

OP
OP
Jay2004

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad I can rely on you guys for feed back. I know what the service manager said is BS, but holy s#*t this took the cake. Next time I go the after the 1600 miles test on the new diff seal I bring it up again and this time record the service manager on my phone about it.
Sponsored

Reactions: Pat