REAR SPEAKER RATTLE

sledguy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (#1451), 2020 Rav4, 2021 BMW X3M
I have to turn the bass down as low as it will go or the rattle drives me crazy.
Sponsored

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Yep I get the same thing you have, but probably not as bad as I don't often turn up the volume. I'm hesitant to bring this to the dealer because I don't want to be the Guinea Pig for this issue. This is one of the major complaints I have with this car, this "upgraded" stereo is a total let down.

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
Yep I get the same thing you have, but probably not as bad as I don't often turn up the volume. I'm hesitant to bring this to the dealer because I don't want to be the Guinea Pig for this issue. This is one of the major complaints I have with this car, this "upgraded" stereo is a total let down.
I have to turn the bass down for SXM stations, not as much a problem with my ipod or stored music.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
From what I recall, someone said the dome protector is two pieces (inner metal and outer plastic) and putting some gorilla glue or foam btw the two fixed it.

I do agree that the premium sound is absolute trash. I had a rental Sentra with premium sound and a rental GLA 250 that both made the Toyota system sound embarrassing. Iā€™ve already replaced the woofers with an amp, 10ā€ sub and some midrange drivers as the current woofers do a lot of midbass fill to make up for the 4ā€s.

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
I was the guinea pig if you will lol.

I had TERRIBLE speaker rattle. My dealer addressed two issues:

1. Removed carpeting around speaker and found loose piece of plastic that had nothing to do with the car. This part was removed.
  2. Added more insulation around the rear sub/speakers between the carpeting/chassis/speakers. This COMPLETELY fixed the rattle issue. Blast the bass and sound and not a single issue with the speakers anymore. Dropped it off and left overnight 1-2 day turn around when I first brought it up. My dealer has been very careful and sensitive when inspecting and working on my car so far.
Over 1.5 months issue free now. Best of luck.

Cheers,
-V

Last edited:

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera

1. Removed carpeting around speaker and found loose piece of plastic that had nothing to with the car. This part was removed.
  2. Added more insulation around the rear sub/speakers between the carpeting/chassis/speakers. This COMPLETELY fixed the rattle issue. Blast the bass and sound and not a single issue with the speakers anymore. Dropped it off and left overnight 1-2 day turn around when I first brought it up. My dealer has been very careful and sensitive when inspecting and working on my car so far.

Cheers,
-V
I thank you for your sacrifice to be the guinea pig and letting us know the solution to the problem.

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thank you for your sacrifice to be the guinea pig and letting us know the solution to the problem.
My pleasure lol.

Now, I still have rattling issues with the door/doorpin/seatbelt. No solution for that yet.

But, these rattles are SO much more annoying than the sub/speaker rattle as it occurs regardless of music being on/off lol.

My guess is the door panel needs to be taken off to address this, and I definitely don't want to be the first to do that, especially if my dealer is not comfortable with it yet.

-V

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
My pleasure lol.

Now, I still have rattling issues with the door/doorpin/seatbelt. No solution for that yet.

But, these rattles are SO much more annoying than the sub/speaker rattle as it occurs regardless of music being on/off lol.

My guess is the door panel needs to be taken off to address this, and I definitely don't want to be the first to do that, especially if my dealer is not comfortable with it yet.

-V
I would ask my dealer to make sure they have the correct fasteners and once they are in, pull the panel and find the rattle. If you canā€™t trust the dealer to fix a door rattle, what are you going to do with a power train issue?

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would ask my dealer to make sure they have the correct fasteners and once they are in, pull the panel and find the rattle. If you canā€™t trust the dealer to fix a door rattle, what are you going to do with a power train issue?
Thanks for the feedback, i'll definitely mention it to them.

I definitely trust my dealer, that's not an issue. They just want to do their research and check to see if other owners in general have submit similar complaints to see if they can go of those notes. They just want to make sure before removing panels and just loosening everything and guessing. They have addressed a few issues for me already and did an awesome job of it. So trusting is not a concern of mine.

-V

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Thanks for the feedback, i'll definitely mention it to them.

I definitely trust my dealer, that's not an issue. They just want to do their research and check to see if other owners in general have submit similar complaints to see if they can go of those notes. They just want to make sure before removing panels and just loosening everything and guessing. They have addressed a few issues for me already and did an awesome job of it. So trusting is not a concern of mine.

-V
Good to hear.

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m not thrilled with the learning curve that will be imposed on the technicians. At the same time, at a good dealership, they should have some smart guys who will figure it out.

LeoLee2017

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium

1. Removed carpeting around speaker and found loose piece of plastic that had nothing to do with the car. This part was removed.

Cheers,
-V
I just bought a New Supra on 04/17/2020, and the speaker rattle is killing me. Is yours fixed for good?

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought a New Supra on 04/17/2020, and the speaker rattle is killing me. Is yours fixed for good?
It's been months now after the service department implemented this fix, and I do not have a single rattle from the speakers when listening to music or when it is full of bass.

I think this is the best way to permanently eliminate the speaker/sub rattle.

Thanks,
-V
Sponsored