Red Toyota FT-1 Concept at Various Auto Shows & Events

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ran across this video today. Interview with Kevin Hunter on the future of design for Lexus and Toyota. Interesting enough at the 10:20+ mark, I wonder if this is a sneak peak of the interior of the Lexus LC/SC that will be revealed next Monday at the NAIAS

Sponsored

MACKSTER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beater Honda
Ran across this video today. Interview with Kevin Hunter on the future of design for Lexus and Toyota. Interesting enough at the 10:20+ mark, I wonder if this is a sneak peak of the interior of the Lexus LC/SC that will be revealed next Monday at the NAIAS

Nice catch, looks like it to me. But that looks like concept level stuff. The dash trim screen looks awesome!

I was reminded how much I love the FT-1 styling when the design sketch popped up right after the interior shots.

JT

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Toyota has the FT-1 out on display again - this time at Tokyo Auto Salon 2016.

Behind the S-FR :)

CYu0pUSVAAA8lpa.jpg-large.jpeg
CYu0pWeUMAAM5nx.jpg-large.jpeg

bballr35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Elise
Two cars that seemingly will never see the light of day in the U.S. :dunno:

Sorry for my pessimism but Toyota needs to get a move on it. This 3 sports car lineup is starting to seem like pure rhetoric.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
I think the S-FR may be here before FT1. It looks very production ready.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I see Aikio Toyoda was there with a microphone. Are there any interviews or video on what he was saying?

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I also came across this video uploaded today from the TAS auto show. Is it me or does that right tail light have amber turn signals? I though it was just the glare on the picture above but you can clearly see the right tail light has amber turn signals compared to the left tail light which is all red. You can see this on the video at 1:07+. The LC500 got the same tail lights from the LF-LC concept. I wonder if this car will get the same, that would be awesome.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
I see Aikio Toyoda was there with a microphone. Are there any interviews or video on what he was saying?
I was not able to find anything :(

If it was anything important than I'm sure it will surface soon.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
I also came across this video uploaded today from the TAS auto show. Is it me or does that right tail light have amber turn signals? I though it was just the glare on the picture above but you can clearly see the right tail light has amber turn signals compared to the left tail light which is all red. You can see this on the video at 1:07+. The LC500 got the same tail lights from the LF-LC concept. I wonder if this car will get the same, that would be awesome.
Definitely looks like amber turn signals and yea the tail lights are one of my favorite parts of the FT-1 that I hope don't get dumbed down for production. :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 10.55.48 AM.jpg

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
Well, atleast it shows that they're still showing interest on the ft-1?

bballr35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Elise
Well, atleast it shows that they're still showing interest on the ft-1?
Now lets just hope they have interest in actually building the thing instead of endlessly parading around a concept loosely tied to the Supra. A little surprised to see it at the TAS and not at any US shows in a while.

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
Now lets just hope they have interest in actually building the thing instead of endlessly parading around a concept loosely tied to the Supra. A little surprised to see it at the TAS and not at any US shows in a while.
If the LF-LC made it into production, the FT-1 should too. :yes:

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have no doubt this car is in the making behind the scenes. Whether it's identical or close to the FT-1 is yet to be seen. Especially after the press conference Aikio Toyoda gave when presenting the LC500. You can clearly see he is taking a different approach from recent years. Only down side is time. One day it will be here but never soon enough.
Sponsored