Red Toyota FT-1 Concept at Various Auto Shows & Events

bballr35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Elise
Interesting that the Supra doesnt have the same cult status in Japan as in the U.S. Sounds like the Supra name is inevitable for the production car, they just purposely didn't want to use it for the concept in order to let the designers feel free to imagine and design. Good read thanks.

And can't imagine it's been out of production for 14 years already and probably about 15-16 years by the time the Supra MKV is out.
Seems like the car developed its cult status mostly after the car had stopped being sold in the US, once owners went nuts modifying it for massive power and also movies like Fast and Furious probably helped make it seem legendary.
Sponsored

__WRC__

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
325i
Oh man its so good to see the FT-1 continuing to be displayed at auto shows. Gives us more confidence that the car is still on schedule to be made.

And even after 2 years of staring at it it still looks awesome even if it hasn't changed one bit.

divinesteer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyotas
Can't believe its been 2 years since the FT1 was shown. Now im hoping no more concepts, I can't wait another few years while they buy more time. Let's see a prototype already.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Can't believe its been 2 years since the FT1 was shown. Now im hoping no more concepts, I can't wait another few years while they buy more time. Let's see a prototype already.
What's funny is that once the prototype is finally spied, it'll probably be a hacked up frankenstein looking car just for testing purposes but the entire online car world will start screaming they butchered the FT1 concept and the Supra MKV is doomed! :doh:

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
What's funny is that once the prototype is finally spied, it'll probably be a hacked up frankenstein looking car just for testing purposes but the entire online car world will start screaming they butchered the FT1 concept and the Supra MKV is doomed! :doh:
Yup, I recall everyone saying the the Toyobaru was going to be fugly because they saw this test mule lol.

subaru_toyota_ft86_coupe_test_mule_death_valley_2.jpg

I also can't wait for all of the rumors to start. Remember this one that got everyone over at FT86club all worked up?

Rumormill: Has Toyota scrapped the design of the FT-86?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/10/rumormill-has-toyota-scrapped-the-design-of-the-ft-86/

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Interesting that the Supra doesnt have the same cult status in Japan as in the U.S. Sounds like the Supra name is inevitable for the production car, they just purposely didn't want to use it for the concept in order to let the designers feel free to imagine and design. Good read thanks.

And can't imagine it's been out of production for 14 years already and probably about 15-16 years by the time the Supra MKV is out.
Can't say that I'm shocked. Look at what they do to Supras over there :(

dsc7065-toyota-supra-twin-turbo-targa-top-front-clip-cut-2jzgte-rear-sump.jpg

a-supra-mk4-jza80-rhd-front-clip-2jz-gte-engine-6-speed-getrag-transmission-100_5293-1000-x-750-.jpg

NeroZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FR-S Release Series 1
2 years later and the FT-1 still looks as good as the first time I saw it online. If you stuck an FR-S in the middle of those two cars that would be one mighty fine sports car lineup and definitely the best sports car lineup currently available outside of Porsche.

323 Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ducati
2 years later and the FT-1 still looks as good as the first time I saw it online. If you stuck an FR-S in the middle of those two cars that would be one mighty fine sports car lineup and definitely the best sports car lineup currently available outside of Porsche.
That's Tada San's vision and as recently as late last year that's what he said is still coming. I hope the strong dollar to yen conversion rate and Scion brand being dropped hasn't changed these plans up at all.

910ps

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
That's Tada San's vision and as recently as late last year that's what he said is still coming. I hope the strong dollar to yen conversion rate and Scion brand being dropped hasn't changed these plans up at all.
Scion being axed probably has no effect on the Supra project. But the economy and currency fluctuations definitely could.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Yeah its the LF-FC concept.

Concept vs production comparison
Lexus-LF-FX-interior-01.jpg

17-01-08-lexus-ls-interior-cabin.jpg

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
The interior is going to be completely watered down. Just take a look at the 86.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I may get flamed for this, but I kind of prefer the FT-HS interior. I like the colors better and it looks more clean and less busy vs the FT-1.

Toyota-FT-HS-Concept-2007-11.jpg

Toyota-FT-1-interior-02.jpg
Sponsored