Last edited:

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
I ran these (not on a Supra). No issues and they worked fine, but itā€™s all in the valving setup which didnā€™t work quite as I wanted. Youā€™ll also likely be stuck with whatever incorrectly sized shocks BC specs. Iā€™d probably look at shaftworks for a budget 1-way.

OP
OP

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
I ran these (not on a Supra). No issues and they worked fine, but itā€™s all in the valving setup which didnā€™t work quite as I wanted. Youā€™ll also likely be stuck with whatever incorrectly sized shocks BC specs. Iā€™d probably look at shaftworks for a budget 1-way.
Can you elaborate on the incorrectly sized BC shocks? Do you mean how BC uses a "universal" shock body and adapts it to multiple platforms?

I've heard of Shaftworks and they were another option. They're roughly $500 more but there's less information on their website. I'm not sure if they take mass produced coilover bodies and re-valve them like RedShift.

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
Iā€™d send an email or call both to get details, but yes generally the compression and droop travel is not optimized for bc and similar offerings. I believe shaftworks does a bit more homework to get that right.

OP
OP

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
Yeah, sent them both emails.

I was also considering Ohlins Road and Track but they seem to be more street orientated. They support many platforms that I'm not really sure how optimized their setup is either. Their name is big and that helps them make sales, but you're also paying for some of that marketing as part of the purchase.
Sponsored