Do you have a pic of the harnesses? i may be able to figure it out
Sponsored

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi Guys !!
Someone please throw me a life raft, Ive tried many approaches to this mod, I have the EU part, to my surprise both have 2 male plugs sticking out of the light housing. While my car (US) have only one female plug withing that llug housing.
Hi

I was given lary number 82183-WAA01 S for the US harness, I also tried giving the new EU light 12 volts on both male plugs and didt triggered any lights, I have a feeling this might have a dedicated module that is combined/paired with its proprietary light US/EU, HUH frustrating to say the least, I want to see it installed asap, HAS ANYONE SUCCEEDED WITH THIS MOD?
I ordered the EU light but it hasn't arrived yet..Can you post a picture of the back of the EU light? Are you saying the EU light has 2 connectors as opposed the one shown in the service manual?
hG2Mn7r.png

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2001 S2000, 2009 STI
Vehicle Showcase
No need for the pic, both US/EU have one conector as shown, both have 2 male connectors sticking out, US plug has 3 apertures on the rear, 2 for female plugs (1 female available)and one I would guess is ground (present), the US plug has only one female plug that connects to 1/2 of these male plugs coming out of the light housing, this tells me maybe both lights are exactly the same and the part to swap is the plug, This plug is part of a harness that's $245 USD. Im thinking that we could cut the plug, have an electrical guru install another female plug , weld the 2 cables back together/that you just cut and jump a cable from the brake light into the new female plug just added. Nothing is guaranteed as this could be a different module too and not just the cable,,,,God this is a pain in the asss

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
No need for the pic, both US/EU have one conector as shown, both have 2 male connectors sticking out, US plug has 3 apertures on the rear, 2 for female plugs (1 female available)and one I would guess is ground (present), the US plug has only one female plug that connects to 1/2 of these male plugs coming out of the light housing, this tells me maybe both lights are exactly the same and the part to swap is the plug, This plug is part of a harness that's $245 USD. Im thinking that we could cut the plug, have an electrical guru install another female plug , weld the 2 cables back together/that you just cut and jump a cable from the brake light into the new female plug just added. Nothing is guaranteed as this could be a different module too and not just the cable,,,,God this is a pain in the asss
Guessing no wiring diagram yet? I've been subbed to TIS but haven't seen the EWD come up yet, seems odd.

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok, so I just got the rear fog light assembly. I was able to get both the reverse light and the inner rear fog light to light up by applying 12 volts to the 3 pins on the housing.

Here is the pinout of the connector:
PARcOmD.jpg

I haven't gotten a chance to look at the wire on the car so I'm not sure how I am going to be able to connect it. I'll try and figure it out this weekend.

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yo do have a missing female connector on the 2 upper slots in the US model harness plug,I corroborated that physically

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I just got the rear fog light assembly. I was able to get both the reverse light and the inner rear fog light to light up by applying 12 volts to the 3 pins on the housing.

Here is the pinout of the connector:
PARcOmD.jpg

I haven't gotten a chance to look at the wire on the car so I'm not sure how I am going to be able to connect it. I'll try and figure it out this weekend.
BTW great Job!! Also is the inner square thaT should light up red, only the outside is supposed to light white, did everything light up the same color? A toyota master tech told.me he thinks the modules might be different as well, just Fyi God Bless

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
BTW part 2 jajaja both US/EU parts look identically the same 100%, always wondered if its just the rest of the set up!

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BTW great Job!! Also is the inner square thaT should light up red, only the outside is supposed to light white, did everything light up the same color? A toyota master tech told.me he thinks the modules might be different as well, just Fyi God Bless
The inner 9 LED's light up red when and the outer LED's are white. I haven't looked at the plug yet but I assume it will be the same as yours and missing one female connector which would be for the red LED's.

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
100% thats why I was trying to investigate if the last part of that harness is what is different and not the light, as they seem identical

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Have the two parts been compared? Has anyone actually pulled the US spec light to see if it has red LEDs in it? I'm betting it does not. I can't remember where this was verified, but if I remember correctly, the US spec light has all white LEDs. The EU spec light has white LEDs around the border for reverse, and red LEDs for the interior square "fog" portion. For the light housing to be the same across both US and EU, it would require the electronic board to have both red and white LEDs on the interior square "fog" area. That combination would require a more complex pin arrangement for activating either red or white LEDs in the middle portion based on region, the wiring connected and power supplied.

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have the two parts been compared? Has anyone actually pulled the US spec light to see if it has red LEDs in it? I'm betting it does not. I can't remember where this was verified, but if I remember correctly, the US spec light has all white LEDs. The EU spec light has white LEDs around the border for reverse, and red LEDs for the interior square "fog" portion. For the light housing to be the same across both US and EU, it would require the electronic board to have both red and white LEDs on the interior square "fog" area. That combination would require a more complex pin arrangement for activating either red or white LEDs in the middle portion based on region, the wiring connected and power supplied.
I compared them and they look the same

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I compared them and they look the same
Based on the pinout from @Evoh, did you apply 12V to each pin on the US part and see what lights up? If the pins are the same on each unit, I don't see how it would be able to tell the difference between EU and US as the US unit would just light the outer ring on reverse if the "fog" function was not wired.

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On the US model its harness only has one female plug to engage 1/2 of the the upper pins, while it has another cable thinknis brown that engage were he marked in white.I did not mess with power sorry :(

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
On the US model its harness only has one female plug to engage 1/2 of the the upper pins, while it has another cable thinknis brown that engage were he marked in white.I did not mess with power sorry :(
Yeah that would be as expected. I imagine that the pin that controls the "fog" portion of the EU version does nothing on the US version. I managed to verify from another thread that the LEDs in the US unit are all white and not dual color. Even if they were dual color, there would have to be an extra pin to allow for all the lights to light up white on reverse for US spec cars. As it stands there are only 2 12V pins (plus ground), one for the inner red LEDs, and one for the outer white LEDs (verified by @Evoh) for the EU part. If the parts were the same and the difference was only in the wiring, there would have to be an additional pin to allow for all the LEDs to light up on reverse, and for those LEDs to be all white for US spec cars. If the pin was just missing the connection in the harness, US spec cars would have just an outer ring of white lights on reverse. Way more complicated and expensive than just having different part numbers for different regions and using the same housing and just use a different PCB internally with different sub harness. But it is BMW after all.

The best way to find out is to apply 12V to the same pins on the US part as @Evoh did on the EU part and see what lights up.
Sponsored