[Review] P3 Gauge has finally arrived.

Sam85

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 MKIV Toyota Supra 6MT, 2020 MKV Toyota Zupra
I wish the display were larger, OLED, and showed multiple values. I'm fine with OBD sourcing, but the one-stat-at-a-time display is a dealbreaker.
exactly!

like this...

bti gauge.jpeg

I have a BTI gauge on my MKIV and love how customizable it is!
Sponsored

OP
OP
reNeglect

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
For those having issues with OBD alarm, you cannot lock the car immediately after exiting as the gauge hasnt fully shut off yet and still pulling data and will trigger the OBD alarm. you have to wait 30 secs or so to lock for it to not trigger the OBD alarm.

If you wanna mess with the settings you can adjust how the gauge is turned on and off, eg. manual on/off.

Or lastly you can code the OBD alarm to be off which is what I did with bimmercode.

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
For those having issues with OBD alarm, you cannot lock the car immediately after exiting as the gauge hasnt fully shut off yet and still pulling data and will trigger the OBD alarm. you have to wait 30 secs or so to lock for it to not trigger the OBD alarm.

If you wanna mess with the settings you can adjust how the gauge is turned on and off, eg. manual on/off.

Or lastly you can code the OBD alarm to be off which is what I did with bimmercode.
Thank you. This has been driving me crazy. I was like it never did it before but now it is wtf. I’ll have to make those BimmerCode changes

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I originally really wanted this gauge and had made post gauging interest on it and sending screenshots and everything to Matt at P3 and got the ball rolling on the gauge. But being located in Canada, they had to find someone local to install the gauge and make some install guide and photos while my gauge was in transport/shipping/stuck at customs
2639.png

But I finally got the gauge earlier this week and I am very happy with it!

While the gauge might look off to some because it’s slanted, in person it just makes sense, as it is angled towards the driver to give it that cockpit view. This really hits my inner ricer 🍚 as you mash down on the throttle and watch the boost build it really adds to the driving experience.
But probably will be more effective leaving it in IAT mode to monitor temps.

Installation is pretty straight forward, you do have to drill a 1/2 hole underneath the vent to feed the cable through, and P3 does supply a plug with ribbon cable cutout. Im not too concerned by the hole as its under the vent and if you were you uninstall it wouldn’t be noticeable.

more photos available on IG:

F1B0DCDA-7C69-4AEE-92F9-58B078651C3C.jpeg

3B464F06-77A5-40FD-90C0-AA2B22FD332A.jpeg

C52724C7-F2B3-4D2F-B48B-277112167611.jpeg

Great another mod I need 👍

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Sorry for necroing this thread, but I couldn't find a solid answer via googlys.

It's my understanding that this won't work with a JB4 and OBD splitter, as OBD won't send data to two devices, only one. So from my understanding, the JB4 and P3 will both be trying to capture data.

No, I'm not looking to do a hardwire with the P3, I don't like messing with OEM OBD wiring.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Sorry for necroing this thread, but I couldn't find a solid answer via googlys.

It's my understanding that this won't work with a JB4 and OBD splitter, as OBD won't send data to two devices, only one. So from my understanding, the JB4 and P3 will both be trying to capture data.

No, I'm not looking to do a hardwire with the P3, I don't like messing with OEM OBD wiring.
That is correct with anything OBD2. You can use the JB4 mobile app and monitor from there.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
That is correct with anything OBD2. You can use the JB4 mobile app and monitor from there.
Yeah, I just hate depending on my phone and having additional windshield space taken up. (already using it for a lap timer)