A91_Alita

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Fitment is amazing, you can also run your factory engine cover without cutting
Can u please elaborate? U don’t have to cut the engine cover when running the port injection? That rail isn’t in the way at and fits like factory?? If that’s the case I’m on board with this manifold. But there is barely any info on this manifold and when I asked RK directly they said u couldn’t. Can u please confirm, thanks man!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Deepseahooyah

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
The manifold and rail are not in the way. Also the performance on this manifold is bar none

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
The manifold and rail are not in the way. Also the performance on this manifold is bar none
still havent seen any data at all on this manifold. but likely no different than the others thats out.

OP
OP
Deepseahooyah

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
I am seeing an average 5-7 degrees less then the CSF and 8 degrees less then the EOS. My shop has all three on different cars for comparison. Ambient temps right now are creating 100 degrees outside in Naples

OP
OP
Deepseahooyah

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
still havent seen any data at all on this manifold. but likely no different than the others thats out.
We are seeing big differences with RK. But it is all relative to location and ambient air temps as well

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I am seeing an average 5-7 degrees less then the CSF and 8 degrees less then the EOS. My shop has all three on different cars for comparison. Ambient temps right now are creating 100 degrees outside in Naples
Interesting. Under what conditions are these tests running? I assume dyno pulls or hot air passes?

OP
OP
Deepseahooyah

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
Interesting. Under what conditions are these tests running? I assume dyno pulls or hot air passes?
We are just logging extended driving conditions. From Naples to Miami for meets.

mall are running some variant of a complete cooling system as well.

we will be doing a dyno day to tune the cars in the next few weeks.

that is the data we will be posting up.

right now there to many variations in driving conditions, i.e traffic and weather

Reactions: zrk

A91_Alita

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Wow this is outperforming eos and the csf manifolds with the bigger cores. And this thing fits under the engine cover. What sort of witchcraft lol I can’t wait for your dyno data! :headbang:

OP
OP
Deepseahooyah

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
Wow this is outperforming eos and the csf manifolds with the bigger cores. And this thing fits under the engine cover. What sort of witchcraft lol I can’t wait for your dyno data! :headbang:
Like I said we will post the data. We have 3 cars with each manifold.

• Love
Reactions: zrk

Supramann15

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Having a larger core doesn’t equate to lower temperatures if the pump is not upgraded. The larger core has higher pressure drop so there is less coolant flowing through it and a smaller core will have less pressure drop resulting in more coolant flow (same pump on both conditions). The more coolant flowing through the manifold results in more cooling capacity. The design of the inlet and exhaust of the coolant going into the core also affect its cooling effectiveness.

If there is an option to upgrade the pump on the Supra to get higher flow through the manifold then the larger cores should produce lower temperatures. This would only be true if the manifolds had similar inlet and exhaust locations.

I have the AMS manifold and curious to see how that compares to the others. I chose AMS because I think the inlet and exhaust are optimized for fluid flow and is similar to the stock location (probably optimized by the BMW engineers).

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
The larger core has higher pressure drop so there is less coolant flowing through it and a smaller core will have less pressure drop resulting in more coolant flow (same pump on both conditions).
This is why the EOS manifold (and presumable the RK manifold) have a single pass design vs. the Double pass design of the CSF and AMS manifold. To keep the pressure the same as stock. The factory water pump can pump quite a bit.

It's also why all of the ice boxes have aux pumps. So you're definitely spot on.