Road bike in trunk? / Mountain Biking with your Supra

brugadathug

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I have my Honda Fit for this however there will be on occasion where I'll drive out to Tahoe to do some riding. I was wondering if a road bike will fit? There was a video showing a bmx bike fitting, just curious if someone was able to play tetris and get a road bike to fit.
Sponsored

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
My initial thought is no... but I guess if you were to take it apart enough, you should be able to fit it. (especially if you're fine with putting a wheel or something in the passenger seat)

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Prior to getting my Supra about 3 weeks ago, I was doing a ton of research about carrying a MTB either in or on the car. I really couldn't find much on the topic on here or anywhere for that matter. So the day I closed the deal on the car I decided order the Sea Sucker Talon as it seemed to be the only feasible option. Turns out it works great for this car!

Figured I'd make a post for other people that may want to do the same.

I was a bit worried at first as I wasn't sure how well it would work with the shape of the Supra's roof. But I found a really good way of mounting it with two cups on the windshield and one on the roof. The back wheel cup is on the roof as well. I mount it on the passenger side of the car as it is easier to reach and the roof much more stable on the sides.

1.jpg
2.jpg

This was actually the first way I tried it. It did work and I think it looks a little better but it caused the roof to flex more than I'd like.

PXL_20210511_232636059~2.jpg

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow kudos for having some balls to throw a mountain bike on the roof. You must get some strange looks from people when driving down the road.
Yeah I def have. I've only done 3 trips with it so far though so I'm sure ill get plenty more ?

I'm still getting used to the attention that this car gets in general.

Neilswheel

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 2017 VW Tiguan
Keep us posted on how it is working. I got one of them based on a review on this site but I have been too paranoid to drive anywhere with it.
smallrack.jpg

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2005 Z4
I was using the Talon for about a year on my Mustang before buying the Supra. I really wish they would make a version of the Komodo that could accommodate mountain bikes, so you could get all the suction cups on the glass.
The Talon works really well, but over time it will mar paint.

jVOCY.jpg

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Keep us posted on how it is working. I got one of them based on a review on this site but I have been too paranoid to drive anywhere with it.
smallrack.jpg
Well if it makes you feel any better I had my 40lb e-bike on it the other day and it was solid for an hour drive both ways.

Try mounting your bike like I did. Flip around the front one and get two of those cups on the windshield. It will be a million times more stable.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was using the Talon for about a year on my Mustang before buying the Supra. I really wish they would make a version of the Komodo that could accommodate mountain bikes, so you could get all the suction cups on the glass.
The Talon works really well, but over time it will mar paint.

jVOCY.jpg
Agreed, even if I have to take both wheels off and just mount the frame to the rear glass it would be worth it.
Sponsored